Chapter 14: Friends in need

The sun shines brightly welcoming a new day. Though painfully aware she should be getting ready for school, part of her can't modivate herself to move. Flashbacks from last night resurfacing once again.

I can't believe yesterday. How awkward it will be to see Josef after last night. The date was going so well up till he had to just ruin it! It might look worse if I skip out but...

Rolling around in bed a knock is heard from outside her door. "Brooke, we're going to be late! Are you even up?...I'm coming in!" As stated he slowly opens the door, seeming to learnt his lesson from last time. She turns away from him with the covers still over her head. Refusing to answer when he tries shacking her awake.

Maybe if I play sleep long enough he'll go to school without me...

"Come on. It's a shame I'm going to have to do this." The last part more a mumble him disappearing out the room. She catiuosly peeks from under the covers to see Sonny nowhere in sight.

"Is he really gone? He didn't even close my door back."

A few minutes pass by and footsteps are heard in her room once again that stop directly in front of the bed. This time she's ready to just protest for him to leave her alone. But before she can hot water soaks the teen from head to toe. Brooklynn yelps jumping up to see an empty bucket lying on the floor next to her.

"Good you're up now. Hurry up and get ready before we're late," he orders, turning to leave.

"You idiot!" Quickly throwing the object so hard the impact causes him to fall foward on his face. "Who dumps a bucket of scorching hot water on someone?!"

"Ow, that's going to leave a bump. You were the one who didn't get up when I came in here the first time! Besides it wasn't that hot, I tested it."

"If you were going to be rude enough to give me a shower in bed you could've at least did it right. People usually use cold water!"

"That'd been boring. I wanted to see how you'd react using hot. Can't you get dressed? We're wasting valuable time."

"If that bucket was still over here I'd throw it at him again," she grumbles, dragging herself out of bed.

By the time she is finished the dorm housing is completely empty. "Now because you took forever changing your sheets, we're even later than we were before."

"I wouldn't had to do that if someone didn't dump a bucket of water on my bed."

"I wouldn't did that if you got up the first time I came to your room."

"I'm not in the mood for this back and forth today, Sonny."

"Did something happen at the dance yesterday? You never had a problem getting up before. It looked like you two were having a good time. Josef didn't do something to you, did he?"

"No, it's nothing really...I noticed you dancing with a girl there."

"What? Oh, that was Kaleigh from my seventh hour. Neither of us had a date so...Kite and Ralyen seemed happy."

"Yeah, we spoke a bit. They did look nice together." An awkward silence falls into the air again, and remains that way the rest of the walk to school.

...

When second hour does arrive they reach the classroom and Josef still hasn't entered. Letting out a sigh of relief she flops down in her chair. Only for the blonde to stroll in moments after. Her head drops low as he makes his way over to her desk. "Good morning, Hira. Thank you for accompanying me yesterday. I had fun."