Chapter 19: New ally

After Andrew had said his goodbyes the trio heads back towards their dorm rooms. The burnette turning to the smaller boy with a bright smile. "So you're Sonny's little brother Finley, right?"

"You can just call me Finn. That's what everyone else does."

"Okay, then you can call me Brooke. Three years under him so you must be ten years old?" Finely nods and she takes a moment to look him over. He's a burnette like herself having a haircut similar to his brother's. Same shaped orb eyes though his are a peach color. For clothes he's wearing overall shorts with a red and yellow horizontal stripped shirt underneath them. Alongside a cute matching cap on his head. "You are so adorable."

"People tend to say that a lot," he mumbles, breaking eye contact with light blush on his cheeks. The whole reaction she finds even cutier.

"Sonny, I brought games I wanna play."

"Huh? Oh, of course you did. That's the real reason you stopped by today. To visit the system once more, not me."

"But it's the last thing on my bucket list!"

"Your bucket list?" she questions, and the boy nods.

"The list of things I wanted to do before the chest is destroyed."

"O-Oh..." she feels a pain in her chest remembering the unfortunate fate even he is going to face very soon.

Entering his room Sonny takes a game and starts getting it set up. His brother flopping down on the bed happily, and she decides to chill around for a bit. It's clear they can't excatly go on their outing now, but at least this way he can spend some time with his sibling. Maybe it'll be another opportunity tomorrow or something.

Finely begins with some puzzle game first. Half of these she can't even comprehend, and yet he manages to solve them no time flat. "Man, how on Nebula am I going to do difficult puzzles in the ruins..." she mutters, as the ending credits roll.

"There I finally beat the game. Kept on strategizing to figure out where I was going wrong, and thought up a clever solution that actually worked. I need this put in now."

"A second one? Well it is still some time until they get here." Sonny removing the first disk to switch it out with another. His eyes grow wide when reading the title. "When did you get this?"

"Uncle Andrew bought it for me yesterday. I wanted to play the new Zombie Mob 4 at least once. A bunch of cool features were added, and it's up to four players."

"It is fun when more people can play..." Both males glancing over at Brooklynn who quickly shakes her head at what they're proposing.

"Oh no, I don't really play games much but a few handheld. I'll probably slow you guys down."

"Maybe but it's just for fun," Finely insists.

"Yeah, give it a try. Might be better than you think." Her guardian further pushes, and she mentally sighs. Brooklynn's absolutely terrible at survival games like this one. Even Dena once said the only help she provided was using her character as bait.

Her clear hesitation causes Finely to frown. Sluggish his small shoulders he lets out a soft sigh. "Though if you really don't wanna play..."

With the puppy dog eyes he's making it very hard to refuse. After just seconds any ounce of saying no completely leaves out the window. "Cheer up Finn, because you can count me in!"

A small grin forming as he gets the downloading process started up. "Great, it shouldn't be too long a wait installing."

"I'll go see can Kite play too. He's a sucker for games like this, and might have a spare controller we can borrow." Sonny disappearing from the room leaving just the two of them.