Prologue

The afternoon sun beams down brightly as three girls walk along an empty street. Their first day of school just ended and to Brooklynn it couldn't have gone by any slower. The young teen kicking at pebbles of dirt on the ground as they approach her house in the distance. "I'm already bored with school and it's the first day!"

"Me too, I bet high school will be much more fun." The shorter dark haired female to her right agrees.

"You don't attend school to have fun, girls. You go to school for learning." The taller blonde on her other side protests.

"Says the girl who talked the entire period," Dena counters, eyeing the blonde with a smirk. She quickly looks away making no effort to deflect her statement.

"The boring classes, immature boys, and not to forget longer hours. I just can't wait until this last year is over." Even the uniforms they're stuck wearing is just plain boring. A long white dress and bow including a matching cap. If they're not given freedom to decide how they dress, then she believes the clothes should at least look cute.

"Brooke, you've been complaining since summer was in you know." Dena makes sure to point out to her next.

Dena has been her best friend for as long as she can remember. The girls grew up close by each other, and have been inseparable ever since. As for her and Ashely they met when starting middle school and changing classes. Dena was a little nervous to meet her being how quiet she is, but once introducing them warmed up in no time. If it wasn't for these two Brooklynn would've died from boredom at that school a long time ago.

The trio stops in front of Brooklynn's small home. "Well see you tomorrow," she says, giving a small wave as they head around the corner.

Walking in she drops her messenger bag by the door going straight for the television. "Grandma, Grandpa, I'm home!" Sighing and flopping on the couch she grabs the remote. Naturally it's set on the news as an incoming report is playing live.

"I'm here at the most recent destruction that has been caused here in Chadlen. The mysterious man that snuck inside the dark ruins is still on the loose. Here behind me I present to you more of the havoc he's caused." Gesturing as the camera guy zooms in on the broken buildings and torn up vehicles. Brooklynn watches astonished for a moment as the report continues. "What will he target next? So far there hasn't been any information on the next Felixas after the death of Amethyst and Ryder. Who will save us from these catastrophes?"

With her piece finished it goes over to the weather report. The burnette finally snapping out of her daze as she begins flicking through channels. It seems the damage over in Chadlen is getting worse. What would happen if that man ever attacked her small town? She doesn't want to even think about such an outcome.

Suddenly there's a knock on the front door. Grunting as she just finds something good on TV she leaves the cartoon behind and goes to answer. Upon peeking through the crack two-what appears to be detectives, are standing on the other side. "Um, can I help you?"

"Are you by chance Brooklynn Daniels?" The violet haired male questions.

"Huh? How do you..."

"We're going to need you to follow us. Where are your guardians so we can explain the situation?"

"What?!" First off who are these guys? How come they know her name, and what purpose do they have at her house?

They choose to ignore her confusion entirely instead talking amongst themselves. "Are you sure it's her? They just keep getting younger..." The taller asks doubtful and the shorter nods.

"Yes, it was her name written in the ruins. She is the next Felixa chosen and the only one that can destroy the Erebus chest."

"Felixa? Erebus chest?" Brooklynn knows she can't be dreaming so this is actually happening. Weighing out her options a bit she does what any normal person would do. Slam the door shut right on their faces. The girl only catches a flash of the men's surprised looks before it closes. Making sure to lock the door right afterwards. "Sorry, you have the wrong house!"

"Don't make this hard for us Brooklynn! The fate of the world depends on your power!"

Going back over to the couch her Grandma walks in the room from upstairs. "Who was it at the door, Dear?"

"Wait, don't answer that!" But Brooklynn doesn't get a chance to stop her from coming face to face with the possible police agents she just locked out.

"By any chance are you her Grandmother? We've come to find out your granddaughter is the next Felixa. She must come with us."

Here they go with this Felixa talk again. It's suppose to be a special person that bears the power of light magic, and the only one capable of fighting against the darkness currently wrecking the capital. But it's not like any of that has to do with her.

Her Grandma looks in complete shocked for a moment, though realization seems to kick in her gray eyes. " Is my Brooke truly the third Felixa?...C-Can she please stay here at least tonight?"

"What but Grandma?..."

The detectives whisper for a minute then turn to face her. "Alright, just for the night. Tomorrow we're coming back to pick her up." The one with the glasses declares before they both take off out of sight.

Brooklynn stands dumbfounded for a second until the elderly woman's sets a gentle hand on her shoulder. Snapping the girl from her trance as she gestures them to the next room. "...Come, let's talk in the kitchen."

They have a seat at the table and she brings over a plate of freshly baked cookies with a glass of milk. Her grandmother's cookies has always been her favorite, but even these can't take away the nervousness she feels.

"I'm sure you've learnt a lot about the light and dark ruins in the capital at your school. As well as the war that happened over hundreds of years ago involving them."

"Well yeah, they always talked about it in history class. Several ruins had been around there since ancient times. The two largest ones the ruin of light and the ruin of darkness, was created to keep balance of good and evil in this world. But centuries ago a man wandered in the ruin of darkness, and was posses by the evil deity inside, Erebus."

Her Grandmother nods at her explanation continuing the old tale. "Yes, the king had send people inside the ruin of light in hopes of having someone that could go against the dark power. Luckily a female conquered the ruins and gained the deity Aine's power. The two powered by the deities fought vicious battles, but again and again they resulted in a draw. Both were evenly matched with power making it quite difficult for one to overcome the other. Luckily the light deity was able to succeed in the end. Managing to seal most of his powers off inside a chest weakened him. Finally giving her the advantage to kill his vessel, and send Erebus back to his original chambers."

"Wasn't the rest of the ruins protected by a barrier to prevent anyone from getting in? The government is suppose to have light and dark ruins closed off from the public," she asks.

"That's correct the other eight ruins are inaccessible now. But a man recently snuck inside the dark ruins and let the deity free once again. Now after all these years Erebus hungers for his remaining power."

All of this makes sense as she overheard some on the news and whatnot. The part that doesn't is the role she plays in all of this. "The government did like the king had before and started sending people in the ruin of light. Trying to have another Felixa stop the rampage that's happening."

"Yes, that light essence must dwell inside of you now."

Brooklynn drops a cookie in the glass shaking her head refusivly at Grandmother's words. "That can't be true! They must have the wrong person! I never went in the ruins and I don't have any powers. You know that..."

She rests a hand on top of the young girl's to try and calm her down. "If they say it's you it must be so. They wouldn't ever mistaken this. The first two Felixa failed at their mission, and now her power must've been transferred over to you."

Brooklynn feels her mind spinning in circles while trying to process the situation. If the other two couldn't do the job what makes this light deity think she can?

"Um, where are they taking me tomorrow?" she slowly questions, as her Grandmother starts cleaning up the mess.

"Somewhere you'll be safe until you can complete your mission...I know this is a lot for you to take in, but we must start packing for you right away."

A/N I present to you the prologue!Hopefully it caught your interest and the first chapter will be posted shortly.