Chapter 4: The study date

When Sonny notices them heading straight for a brick wall he slams on the breaks. But this only lessens the impact as the car smashes into it totally busting up the front. Heavy smoke starts to come up from the hood and the air bags pop out. The two teens squeeze from underneath it falling to the ground. "What kind of driving was that? Now look at what you did."

"Like you could've drove any better. You would have crashed this the minute we took off."

"No I wouldn't of..." The girl sentence trailing off with the old guy storming towards them. As for the young male driver now takes this opportunity to flee the scene. The red car speeding off the opposite direction. Multiple curses fall out his mouth upon seeing the wreckage. They're in for it now.

"I finally caught you! Look at what you insolent kids did to my baby! See how the world's become. You can't leave your car unattended for two seconds, or kids will come by and drive off with the darn thing! You two best be ready because I'm calling the authorities, I'm calling your parents, I-"

"Please! We know detectives that can come and meet you right now."

"Hmf, you better not be lying to me. Now go on, call'em!" he orders, Sonny pulling out his cellphone. The boy awkwardly explains the situation to Ron, and how they need them to come down there immediately. The two take a seat on the pavement with the man's hard glare not wavering a bit. After a painfully uncomfortable wait a familiar limo pulls up.

The red head is the first one to step out the vehicle, jaw dropping at the sight. "What the heck happened?!"

"I'll tell you what happened. These brats stole my car and crashed it! My son bought me this only a year ago, and now they've completely messed it up. I don't care if monsters are chasing yah, you don't drive off with something that's not yours."

Ron and Jerry's face harden at the word monsters. The shorter male sighs running his fingers through his dark violet hair before pulling out a check book. "What you witnessed is confidential and we'd appreciate it if this stays between us, as to prevent panic. I'm sorry about your convertible. Hopefully this is enough to put this incident behind you, and not take any legal actions."

"What is this hush money? Do you really think you can bribe me by-wowsers! This is much more than my son paid for this car, double, triple!"

"I presume everything is okay now correct?"

"Of course, they're only kids. I'm just glad nobody's hurt." Not bothering to hide the large grin on his face.

Yeah, sure, he didn't have that attitude a minute ago. How big of a check did Ron write him?

Telling him who and where to write it out to he goes skipping away down the street. Once the elder is gone both detectives unplesant looks turn directly to Sonny. "Taking off with a man's car. What were you thinking?!" Jerry snaps.

"I had to do this to protect her. There was too many monster for us to fight!"

But Ron simply shakes his head pushing up his glasses. "Other alternatives could of been done but this was reckless. I'm disappointed in you, Sonny."

"This might of didn't end perfect but-"

"If you're being this reckless now how will you act in the ruins? This is our last strike with her being the third Felixa. Not to mention she could have been injured or killed by the stunt you just pulled! Do you really want her to end up like Ryder? You should've found somewhere to hide and called us. What you did wasn't smart or safe!" Jerry's words spit out harshly having Sonny fall silent. Out of the short time she's known him he came off as the laid back sort, so it's unusual to hear him this angry.