Chapter 7: Growing bond

The bright sunlight beaming down on Brooklynn's face causes her eyes to slowly flutter open. She freezes being in an unfamiliar environment until all the events of yesterday come rushing back at once.

Thats right, Sonny said I could sleep in his room for tonight. It wasn't all some crazy dream but everything last night actually happened. Cheryl...

Looking around the main color theme seems to be blue and red according to the curtains and covers. There's several skater posters decorating the walls, and a game system plugged into the TV in the corner. His desk is neatly organized with only a few art supplies scattered about, and a picture with a family of four on the nightstand. Sonny's room is completely different from Josef's, but that's kinda expected not really seeing much in common between the two.

Feeling a presence next to her she rolls over, only to see Sonny's sleeping face inches away from her own. Letting out a yelp she falls back off the bed to the floor as he starts to wake up. "You're so loud, even this early in the morning," he mumbles. She can't believe they were actually sleeping side by side all night.

"What are you doing sleeping here?!"

"What are you talking about? This is my room. You're telling me I'm not allowed to sleep in my own bed? And after I was so nice saying you could sleep here too."

"You can't offer your bed to a girl then sneak into it yourself. You could've slept on the floor..." Flashbacks of last night resurface again on just how sad Sonny looked back there. Should she ask him about it? She glances at her guardian yawning and stretching. He seems okay now but...

"What are you staring at me like that for? Do I have a bedhead or something?"

"No, um..."

"If you're captivated by my looks you could take a picture. It'll last longer."

Brooklynn rolls her eyes at his cockiness. "In those cute space pajamas of yours, I wouldn't call captivated the word," she replies with a small smirk. He is wearing a black and yellow tank with blast off written on the front, plus matching shorts to go with it. "I didn't think you would still wear kiddy things like that. Even if it is just to sleep in."

"That's-I mean these aren't..." His face flushing red as he rambles, seeming to have a hard time coming up with an excuse. Sonny's always nitpicking with her, so it's about time he got a taste of his own medicine.

"A-Anyway we cleaned up your room the best we could last night. Do you wanna see it?" She nods grabbing her uniform as they go over to her room.

The broken door is now fixed but when opening an ear piercing sreeching noise comes from it. "Yeah, we got the door in place but the hinges are still messed up. You should really spray them when you get the time."

Inside the room is far better than last night, but much more empty too. There are still some scratches and burn marks on the walls, but all the trash has been picked up. "Sorry, but whatever of your belongings was beyond repair was tossed out. Ron and Jerry said they'll take you shopping to pick out some stuff today."

"Huh, really?"

"We'll go before practice so it'll be cut short, but with not much left to teach you it doesn't really matter."

"Oh..." She kneels over at the corner where her favorite stuff animals were. Now out of her mini collection only two remain. Brooklynn's pink dresser is also nowhere in sight. Must have been too damaged with that last move and got thrown out. She lets out a frustrated sigh flopping down on her bed. At least this is still in one piece.

"All the clothes we could spare is folded up over there. You should get ready, I'll be going to get dressed too. I'm sorry all this went down in your room, Brooke. I should've told you I suspected she was someone from the organization from the very beginning. I guess I just didn't want it to be true."