Chapter 2: First encounter

The boy standing alone in an empty room causes him to let out a sigh. "Great. Convinces me to leave her alone for a while and she's kinapped the first night," he mutters to himself. The ginger squeezing through the opening out her window.

Dark storm clouds prove it's soon to be rain, as light post shine brightly given the time. A security guard patrolling around the school spots Sonny sprinting across the yard with his flashlight. "Hey you! It's way past curfew!"

He only glances back for a second before running even faster. "Where is she? I'm going to get in so much trouble because of her."

(Brooklynn POV)
The burnette eyes snap open to find herself being carried by someone. The dorm house gets further away as they start to take her past the school's front gate. Without even attempting to look at their face she starts squirming, trying her best to get loose. She manages to fall to the ground on her back, just now realizing a glowing orange rope is restraining her movement. In front of her stands a strange looking man wearing all black clothes and a jesters hat. He has short brown hair with his small red eyes glaring down at her. "You're not what I was expecting at all for the next Felixa. You're quite the fighter, girl."

"W-Who are you?"

"My name is Gores and I refuse to let you destroy Erebus chest. Now behave yourself or I may have to get a little ruff with you." His large hand reaching out towards her. Brooklynn knows she should be trying to scream and call for help about now. However petrified by fright her voice won't allow her to only sitting in horror. Just before he gets a chance to touch her, Sonny jumps in the way standing between them.

"I can't let you do that."

"Sonny!"

"It's been long, Sonny. I was simply taking her on a little trip," Gores greets with a twisted smile. Sonny kneels next to her burning the rope around her away to ashes.

"Brooke, get back!" he instructs, and his voice gets the girl on her feet. Quickly creating distance as the two stand off facing one another.

Gores goes to attack first but misses as he jumps in the air, flipping back and landing on his feet. The velocity of the jump isn't what any normal human could reach. Though it shouldn't be too shocking the boy that is suppose to guard her has powers himself. A big ball of fire comes Gores's way and sends him flying backwards. The older man quickly recovers trying to use his magic, but Sonny disappears behind him and attacks again. This time knocking him flat to the ground.

"It's over, you lose. No matter how many times you come it's going to play the same way."

"...I see she doesn't know how to use her powers yet, so we still have time. No need to rush things, after all she will be the final obstacle." He vanishes into thin air and Sonny quickly turns his attention towards her.

"Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah. Who was he?"

"He is a Fel, a person who got affected by the dark magic from being nearby when it was released. They're all apart of an organization called the FDO, who means to capture and kill the Felixa at all cost. They still need your light powers in order to reach that chest. Since you haven't awaken yet Gores probably didn't see the point in a hassle tonight."

"You have powers too..."

Sonny's face looks conflicted for a moment at the mention, but slowly nods. "Yes, but I'm what you call a rare case who also received my powers from Aine. I don't posses the power of light like you do though. That's the only thing that can purify Erebus chest to end all of this. If that dark magic does get into their leader's hands he'll be unstoppable. Having the potential to summon enough monsters to roam the earth, and a pitch darkness that will block the sun forever."