8. Daddy's Princess

Chapter 8 – Daddy’s Princess

Leah’s POV:

          The last thing I wanted to do was be stuck in the school overnight with Dylan Tanner. But that’s exactly what happened.

          It was no secret that this storm wasn’t going to die down any time soon, but the thought of staying overnight at school while my family was probably worried about me didn’t exactly excite me. We were sat on either couches in the teacher’s lounge, the sound of rain pattering against the windows and the lightning lighting up the room every now and then being our only companion, other than each other.

          But let’s face it – neither of us was exactly fond of the other person.

          Neither of us had said anything since I had yelled at him about offending my dad’s, Klara, and my careers. When it came to my family, I was extremely defensive and was ready for a fight because no one dissed my family and got away with it. So instead of actually saying anything in reply, Dylan had pulled out his ear buds and stuffed them in his ears before playing music that was so loud, even I could clearly make out the words.

          I had taken off my shoes and had my feet up on the couch that I was currently occupying with my back resting against the arm rest. I was literally bored out of my mind, and was currently entertaining myself by watching rain drops trail down the window, mentally thinking of them racing one another.

          Yeah, I was really bored.

          Suddenly, the sound of something growling caught my attention, and my cheeks flushed when I realized that it was my stomach and that I was hungry. I glanced at Dylan, only to see that he had thankfully not heard me since his music was at an ear-drums bursting level. Sighing, I stood up, not catching his attention, and used the flash light on my phone to guide myself around the teacher’s lounge in search of for something to eat.

          I knew that I shouldn’t be snooping around the teacher’s lounge, but I was trapped and hungry, and I needed food to survive. So, using my phone’s flash light, I opened up cabinets and drawers in hopes of finding something to eat.

          The first few minutes of the search were a bust, since I didn’t find anything, but I then opened up the cabinet on top of the coffee maker and – hallelujah – there was a packet of Chips Ahoy sitting there. I silently cheered, grinning as I reached up for them and grabbed the packet before shutting the cabinet.

          I went back to the couch where I had been sitting before and tore open the packet, catching Dylan’s attention as I pulled out a cookie and took a bite out of it. He sat up quickly, taking out his ear buds. “Where did you get those?” he demanded.

          “In the cabinet,” I responded after swallowing a bite.

          “I want some.”

          “Too bad – food is never shared.”

          “Leah, seriously, give me some cookies,” Dylan said, leaning forward. “I’m fucking starving.”

          I scoffed, taking another bite. “Swearing isn’t going to get you anywhere,” I said, mouthful of cookie. Although I didn’t care, because it was dark and he couldn’t exactly see the unattractive sight of cookie crumbles falling from my mouth.

          I heard Dylan release an annoyed huff, before he spoke up again. “Leah, can I please have a cookie or two?”

          I smirked, reaching in the packet and pulling out a bunch of cookies. “I’ll give you three, since you said please,” I said, holding my hand out and giving him the cookies, which he took immediately.