36. Sourpuss

slightly short chapter, but A+ content, if i do say so myself. ;) pretty sure y'all will like it. muahahaha

_________________________________________________________

Chapter 36—Sourpuss

Klara's POV:

"That looks like... cotton candy."

Vin snorted at my statement, amusement clear in his voice as he repeated, "Cotton candy? That's the best you can do?"

I couldn't help but let out a laugh as the sun began peeking from behind the clouds, although my sunglasses hindered me from being blinded. "I'm not that creative of a person!" I defended, turning my head slightly to the right to look at him briefly.

The two of us were somewhere in the middle of Central Park, and I was surprised that it hadn't snowed in New York this much in December, but it allowed Vin and I to lie down on the grass and just stare up at the sky, admiring the clouds. It was a calming way to spend our last day in New York, relaxing after running around all over the city. Vin's favorite part? Trying a Philly cheese steak sandwich right off a street vendor. In two and a half days, he's had at least seven of those.

"Yeah, but," Vin scoffed, shaking his head at my lame answer. "Cotton candy? You can do better than that, Klara."

I rolled my eyes, turning my head to look back up as I huffed out, "Not my fault every fuckin' cloud looks like cotton."

"Do you think all that hair dye fried your creative brain cells?" Vin wondered, and I let out an indignant yelp as I slapped him on the chest, eliciting a loud laugh from him as he rolled away from me.

I tried to reach over to hit him, still laughing because his comment was more funny than anything else. Vin ended up lying on his stomach, propping himself up on his arms underneath him as he turned his head to the right to look at me. "Don't be a dick, Vinny."

"Don't be a sourpuss, Klara," he returned with a teasing grin, one I had been seeing a lot this weekend. Vin had been smiling almost every moment we were here in the city, and it was so damn contagious that I found myself doing the same uncontrollably.

I merely rolled my eyes at Vin's words, sitting up as I pulled my jacket tighter around me. It was a bit chilly, seeing as it was December and New York got extremely cold during this time of year, but my sweater and jacket did well to keep me warm.

"You have leaves stuck in your hair," Vin chuckled, sitting up and shuffling closer, before I glanced at him to see that he was reaching behind my head and gently pulling out the dry leaves that had gotten caught in my locks.

Grinning, I quirked a brow. "Do I look like Mother Nature?"

Vin scoffed, picking out the last of the leaves from my hair as he sarcastically drawled, "Oh, yeah, definitely. Hundred percent." I laughed at his statement, throwing a few of the leaves at him as he slapped them away. Vin then glanced at me, running a hand through his hair as he asked, "So how come no one's chased after us lately for your picture?"

I snorted, playing with the zipper on my jacket as some guy rode past us on the street in front of us on a bike. "Probably because no one's used to me having dark hair yet. Good thing, too, or else we'd be mobbed all the time."

"Doesn't that make you feel claustrophobic?" Vin inquired, bringing his knees to his chest and wrapping his arms around his legs. "It's insane how they just surround you like that—especially when it's all these middle aged men."