44. Grateful

first things first... Johanna Deakin. My heart goes out to Dan, Louis, Lottie, Fizzie, Phoebe, Daisy, Doris, & Ernest. She was such a beautiful person, an inspiring woman who was incredibly selfless. it's a tragedy that she was taken so soon from her kids and husband, and i am so incredibly heartbroken for her family. Louis is so brave and strong for doing what he did on the X Factor, and Lottie is so amazing for stepping up and taking care of her siblings. this is a beautiful family who suffered a huge tragedy, and they are all in my prayers. Johanna did an amazing job with all of her kids, and i hope that she's feeling nothing but peace and contentment now. Rest in peace, Johanna❤️
--

the picture i wanted to use for Klara's outfit later in the chapter wasn't working, so here's a pretty gif of Logan Lerman AKA Vin Barnes :-)

i highkey loved writing this chapter, so show it some love with votes & comments!

also, my finals are coming up, and seeing as it's my first set of finals as a freshman in college, i really gotta focus. wish me luck y'all, and once they're done, i'll be writing a bit during winter break!

______________________________________________________

Chapter 44—Grateful

Klara's POV:

            Now that Leah and I no longer had any demanding  interviews or photo shoots constantly lined up for us, we fell into what other people would classify as a normal routine, which naturally took some getting used to. We didn't have to sign out in the middle of the school day for our jobs or rush out once school ended. Now, we got to actually spend time with our friends without having to worry about leaving so we could make an appointment, and it was slowly becoming the new normal for us, which I really liked.

            It had been a little over two weeks since we came back from Mum and Dad's wedding, and Leah still wasn't totally speaking to Dylan. She had told me about how he had managed to catch her in the hallway and she had blatantly told him to shape up if he ever wanted a second chance with her. Really, I was proud of Leah for standing up for herself, and even though I was still pissed at Dylan, I was glad to see that he was actually trying to make an effort. He may be a fuck up when it comes to relationships like yours truly, but at least he was trying. There was still tension around them, no doubt about it, what with Leah being a bit guarded when it came to Dylan and him walking on eggshells around her, but they were trying.

            Speaking of relationships, I was convinced that I was head over heels for Vin. And surprisingly, it wasn't too hard for me to admit that to myself. I was fully aware of my growing feelings for the black haired, blue eyed boy, and when I finally confessed to myself just how much I liked him, it surprised me to acknowledge that it was a lot.

'          In the past two weeks, we have been hanging out a lot—whether it be in school or after or on the weekends. Yet, we haven't technically gone on an official date. It's no secret that when it comes to actual dates, I haven't the slightest clue on how to go about them. For the longest time, I'd only ever hooked up with boys I had seen around or knew of, no strings attached. But this particular boy, the one that had lost his stammer around me and made me smile like an idiot, with this boy I wanted all strings attached, and I just wanted him to ask me out already because God knows I'd make a complete fool out of myself if I did so.

            For someone who walked the runway with pure confidence, I was completely out of my element here.

            Apparently, it seemed, I didn't have to wait too long for that to happen. I was currently sitting in the driver's seat of my car after school, waiting for Leah since she had a fifteen minute meeting for some club she was in. As I waited, listening to songs play on the radio, the passenger door swung open and for a moment I thought it was my sister, glancing up and quirking my brows in surprise when I saw Vin slide into the seat.