21. Corrupt

i have finals going on currently yet here i am, writing this story while i should be studying for my history and anthropology final that's tomorrow.

only a couple more days and i'll be a senior in high school holy shit i'm not ready

this is kind of a filler idk i just wanted a chapter out

don't worry. dylan and vinny boy will be back sooooooon

__________________________________

Chapter 21—Corrupt

Klara's POV:

            "You're going."

            "Klara—no."

            I let out an exasperated groan, picking up one of the pillows on the bed and tossing it at my sister. The pillow hit Leah square in the back, causing her to stumble on her way to the bathroom, before turning around and shooting me a glare. "We're in New York, Leah! The City that never sleeps," I prodded, itching to get an agreement out of her. "Let loose for God's sake. It's just a club!"

            Leah turned around, her blue eyes that matched mine flashing with annoyance. "I don't care, Klara, I don't wanna go! Plus, we're underage here in the States," she reasoned, crossing her arms over her chest.

            I gave a careless shrug. "So?" I quirked an eyebrow. "That's never stopped us before."

            She rolled her eyes, scoffing. "No, that's never stopped you before," Leah countered, shaking her head once as she opened the bathroom door. "I don't like clubbing, anyway."

            I narrowed my eyes, unfolding my feet from underneath myself before throwing them over the edge of the bed as I sat up, my bare feet touching the carpeted floor. "How can you dislike something if you haven't even tried it, hmm?" I retorted, raising my eyebrows as she froze in the doorway. Straightening up, I pressed some more. "Come on, Leah; you'll have fun, okay? You don't even have to drink if you don't want to. Just dance and have fun—who knows, maybe you'll even smile," I added, using a line from one of Leah's favorite TV shows, Bones.

            I heard my sister huff before she turned back around, a defeated look crossing over her features. "You aren't going to let this go, are you?"

            I grinned. "Nope," I chirped, shooting up to stand. "We're going back home tomorrow night anyway, Lee. What's the harm in partying a little in NYC?"

            Leah leaned against the doorframe of the bathroom, arms still across her chest. "The paparazzi is, like, a million times worse here, Klara," she sighed hesitantly. "It's horrible out here!"

            "Which is why we have George, Marc, and Lenny out here with us," I assured her, hands on her shoulders once I had reached her. "C'mon, Leah! You're making it seem like we're about to commit some big ass crime when in reality, we're just going clubbing, for shit's sake."

            She thinned her lips, exhaling sharply through her nose. "Fine," she finally said, causing an excited grin to spread on my face. "But if I end up making a fool out of myself, I'm going to murder you."

            I beamed. "Deal!"

*~*~*~*

            Taking Leah clubbing was either the worst or best decision I had made.

            We were both at Jolt, a club in downtown Manhattan, which I had managed to get us into thanks to some money and shameless flirting when it came to the bouncer. The two of us were in our own little black dresses; with mine being full sleeve with a deep cut V in the front, that blatantly showed off my breasts. Meanwhile, Leah's short dress also had full sleeves, but a really low back with studs on the shoulders and along the hem of the low cut back. All in all, we looked fucking great.