28. No Glove, No Love!

me: wants to ask my crush for a ride home

also me: is terrified of my crush

_________________________________________________________

Chapter 28—No Glove, No Love!

Leah's POV:

"I still can't believe Klara got suspended, too," Talia grumbled, chin resting on the palm of her left hand, which was propped up on the table with her elbow, as her right hand copied notes in her binder from the literature textbook that lay in front of her. "Beth deserved that punch."

I let out a light chuckle as I turned the page of the book I was reading, a play by the name of A Streetcar Named Desire. "I know," I agreed easily, eyes skimming over the words as I added, "If only Mr. Hobbs shared our beliefs."

"Yeah, well Mr. Hobbs can suck my dick," she pathetically countered, huffing as her shoulders slumped. "What's Klara doing, anyway?"

"Probably sleeping the day away," I smirked, shooting a giggling Talia a knowing look. "She's pissed about being suspended, but she's not too angry about the fact that she gets extra sleep."

"Few more hours of sleep? Sign me the fuck up," Talia agreed, her pen moving swiftly across the page as she wrote.

I shook my head at her statement, smiling at her antics as I continued reading my book. About ten minutes passed by until Talia shut her textbook with a sigh and said, "Alright, I have to go meet up with Riker. I'll see you later?"

After I replied with a hum and a nod, Talia gathered her things and left the library, leaving me to sit by myself at the table. As I started a new chapter of the book, my phone vibrated on the table, and when I glanced at the screen, I felt my heart beat particularly loudly as I saw it was a text from Dylan.

From: Dylan Tanner

Where are you?

With a bated breath, I texted him back with slightly shaky fingers. The boy made me nervous.

To: Dylan Tanner

Library

Locking my phone, I hastily put it down, picking the book back up and continuing to read as I tried to calm my nerves at the thought of seeing Dylan. What can I say? He kind of made my knees wobble.

Just as I was about to finish with my chapter, I saw from the corner of my eye that someone had sat down in Talia's previously occupied seat, and I glanced up to see that it was Dylan, wearing a small smirk that danced on his lips.

"Not surprised to see you here, honestly," he teased, left elbow on the table as his body was turned sideways on the chair, facing me.

The smile twitched at the corner of my lips, pressing the book against my chest as I said, "Books are my best friend. What's up?"

I watched as his expression turned to a slightly more serious one as he cleared his throat, sitting up as his blue eyes met my own, and I suddenly grew nervous at his change of demeanor. I closed my book, thumb between the pages to mark my spot as I furrowed my eyebrows lightly. "I was wondering," Dylan finally spoke up, taking in a breath before continuing, "If you wanted to go to the Sun Festival with me?"

His words rang through my mind, sound loud in the quiet library, as I blinked at him in surprise. My heart was beating erratically within my chest as I stared at Dylan, lips slightly parted and eyes a bit widened, as he looked at me questioningly, patiently. But when I realized I had been staring and not answering Dylan's question, I inhaled deeply, feeling my neck tense, before finally nodding.