Natures Force XXIII

I'VE TAKEN A LONG BREAK FROM NATURES FORCE SO SORRY ABOUT THAT. I WOULD CLICK ON TO START WRITING, BUT BEFORE I KNOW IT I'VE LOGGED OFF WITHOUT WRITING ANYTHING.

Chapter XXIII

Anna

I laid awake all night thinking about what Claire said. I am her niece. The impending fight with king Malcolm wasn't even making a blimp on my radar. The next day I was suppose to go up against him and his army of soldiers, his army of well-trained soldiers. The night was just turning into dawn when I could hear a commotion. 

"...she has to leave today..."

That was obviously Claire, but instead of talking she was thinking it. That means she wasn't the one shouting. That would leave John and Damien. I was feeling apprehensive already knowing that it was the two of them. 

"No one asked you to come, we can handle king Malcolm !". I could hear John yelling as I was walking towards the ruckus. This was a first, the night before all John was talking about was going back to Chesterfield or Harper, anywhere but Anderson to get away from king Malcolm. Now he was arguing with Damien who was yelling just as hard. 

As I rounded the corner I could see them a couple of feet apart with Claire off to the side. "You need me flame-boy besides Anna wants me to come. Without her all you are is an smoke signal". That seemed to make John snap and the insult drove him into action. He snapped his fingers and his signature purple flame flickered.

That was enough to fuel Damien's anger as well. An icy chill was forming a parameter around the two of them. You could feel the difference in temperature in the room. The cold was pulsating around them. That escalated John's response and his hand and wrist were engulfed in flames. 

Claire was still in the same spot and she wasn't doing anything, what I didn't understand was with her gift of seeing the future did she not see this coming. I was too stunt to do anything and I wasn't even sure what to do. There was drops of icicles on John face that would dissipate into steam almost as soon as it forms."

John's arms were now completely covered in flames and on Damien was rivulets of sweat which was rolling down. I grabbed Damien's hand and instantly his power intensified and everyone besides me and Damien was motionless statues. The room was covered in a snow-white powdery substance. Stalagmites and stalactites forms were hanging from every single item in the room.

"...Anna can you hear me..." I could hear Claire's voice in my head and her teeth was chattering from the cold.

"...Anna let go of Damien's hand..."

"...grab John's..."

I did what Claire told me and grabbed John's hand, but nothing was happening. I could feel myself starting to panic and I could feel the pressure building. I thought I was going to faint again, just like before.

"...Anna just focus..."

"...you can do it vindicator..."

Instead the pressure was more tangible like a living, breathing person. I had more control, I could control the intensity.

"...Anna just focus..."

"...you were born to do this..."

I could feel a warm tingling feeling where my hand touched John's and it wasn't too long before both Claire and John could move and was thawed completely.