Natures Force XV

I'M SO SORRY THAT IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO UPDATE. WINTER DEFINITELY IS NOT MY SEASON. I HAD FLU SINCE IT STARTED. PLUS THE RENOVATIONS ARE STILL NOT DONE. HOWEVER I'M TRULY SORRY AND HOPE THIS UNSUSPECTED CHAPTER MAKES UP FOR MY TARDINESS. ALSO THANKS SO MUCH FOR FOLLOWING, READING AND THE VOTES. I APPRECIATED IT SO MUCH.

Chapter XV

Anna

It was late in the afternoon and the sun was about to set which was why I could barely see anything or anyone inside the church when I made it inside with John close by my side. I decide to call out instead so that John doesn't have even have more questions.

"Claire are you here, it's Anna" as if it would be any one else. I need to keep up the facade even if it's just for John benefit as I was telling myself as soon as I entered. I'm scared and not like I was when I was running from the orphanage or when I was captured by those soldiers. I was afraid and unlike then I was afraid of the unknown, now I was afraid of the answers, what Claire would say and would ring true.

"I'm over here Anna, right in front" as soon as she answered I could make out the shape in the shadows right in the front pew. I walked over as slowly as I could trying to delay the inevitable. John touched my elbow and asked "Are you alright Anna?" I gave him  puzzled look and he whispered "Your shaking". That's when I realized that he was right I was shaking and I tried to calm down thinking. 'There is nothing to be afraid of'

I was finally standing a foot away from Claire and I couldn't help but stare. She was beautiful with a black cloak covering her hair and she was staring right back at me "Your right child there is nothing to be afraid of I mean you no harm". 

I felt a little unsettled after that Claire had the presence of mind to read my thoughts and all I did was whimper like a little baby and didn't even think to do the same. 

"I'm so glad that you made it, I wasn't sure that you would come". I didn't know what to say to that so I kept quiet waiting for her to say why I was here, why she wanted to see me.

John

I followed Anna to this church and she went inside looking for someone. I had no idea that Anna knew anyone here or that she had time to make plans to meet them at the church yet that's what it seems like. The more time he spent with Anna the less he understand. 

"What are we doing here?" I had to asked because the women were just looking at each other as if this was their first meeting. The older lady they were meeting were seated still looking up at Anna not even noticing me. With awe and wonder and that's when I noticed something. The smiling lady was beautiful and she somewhat resembled Anna save for the eye and hair color. They had the same face. Sure the lady was older and not as beautiful as Anna, but they still looked alike. So this must be some Family of Ann, but why hasn't she mentioned her before?.

"I'm Claire" she turned to me introducing herself and I replied with my own name. "So you must be family of Anna I assume". She chuckled, but it was Anna that answered "I don't have any family, I'm an orphan". 

I looked to Claire waiting to contradict Anna, but all she did was smile and turned to me and ask to give them some privacy. I was about to when I realized that this was my chance to find out things. Things Anna has been keeping from me and Will.

"If its all the same to you I'm staying I promised Anna" I lied and thought that Anna would speak up and say as much but the silence just stretched on. Why are these two having some sort of secret meeting and if that is the case what are they waiting for?

Anna

I was upset that John followed me, but right now I was so frighten of what Claire would say that I was glad that he did. I don't know why but him being here was calming. 

Although for someone so insisting on seeing me Claire was not in a hurry now. All she did was smile at me, not saying anything except to John when she asked him to leave us alone and I was so relieved when he refused. It must be a good twenty minutes since we've entered the church and yet I have to find out what she wants from me.

"So Claire you wanted to speak to me I assume?". If it was up to her we would spend the night here. 

'...I don't want to speak in front of the boy, you have many enemies...'

"You can talk in front of John he saved me from the soldiers, he's my friend" She glance over to him and sigh and started to talk.

"So you have met king Malcolm then? You don't have to answer I already know. He's soldiers were bringing you to me". Her last words caught me off-guard. How could I have been so stupid? I turn to run and John was already grabbing my hand when Claire shouted "Wait Anna hear me out. You've come all this way and I'm here by myself".

She was right about that and there were no soldiers jumping from behind columns or storming through the door, so I stopped, but I didn't let go of John's hand and he wasn't letting go either.

That was made me bold enough to stop and turn back towards Claire, to hear her out.

"So tell me what do you want from me?". I want answers, no I need them. I need to know what king Malcolm wants with me, why send soldiers after an orphan why kill priests and orphans and why burn the churches.

"I want you to listen Anna. King Malcolm wanted you to come see me for one purpose and one purpose only. I am the seer". Nothing prepared me for that yet it was so obvious now. She knew who I was, what I can do without seeing me. 

"I don't understand what does he want from me, why send me to you?" I whispered through dry lips and wanted nothing more than to leave right at that moment. Leave the dark church with its long shadows. I need fresh air, but I stayed rooted to the spot. I needed to hear what Claire had to tell me, I have to know.

"I am the seer, the oracle. I see the future as well as the past. King Malcolm wanted to make sure that you were the one he's looking for".  Why would he be looking for me?

I could tell that Claire 'read' my last thought and waited for the answer.

"It's been passed down from mother and father to their children for over a thousand years that you would be born. No-one knows who you are or what you looked like except for the eyes. The eyes are the sign kings have been waiting for.  So when king Malcolm heard there was an orphaned girl with such eyes the tales spoke off he had to capture you. But somehow the tales lied, you are not the first nor the only to be born with such eyes and that is why the king send you to me, to make sure that you are the one".

While Claire was speaking I could feel my knees buckling under my weight and John led me to the closest pew. I sat down hard just feeling lucky that I didn't have to support my own weight anymore.

"Now that you've met me you can let Malcolm know that I'm not". I wasn't feeling generous enough to call him king. My whole world turn upside down, all because of the color of my eyes. Father Francis and Father Thomas and every last one who lived with them. So many dead all because of the color of my eyes. I should have them plucked out. I was feeling so wrought that the thought that if I died then all the killing would stop. If there was no girl with purple eyes no more orphans or priest need die.

"No Anna, no. King Malcolm wont stop don't you see". Too late I realized that Claire was reading my very private thoughts, this what I do to others. I invade in their private thoughts and as if that is not enough I have a mad king who kills just to find me. I got up ready to leave and pulling John along when Claire once again made me stop in my tracks.

"You don't understand Anna, you are the one he's looking for". I just kept walking pulling John trying not to hear her shouts.

"You are the one Anna, you are the one he's looking for. your the VINDICATOR!".