Natures Force XXXIX

Thanks so much for everyone making it so far I hope you enjoy the last chapter of Natures Force.

-XXXIX-

Anna

We left the battlefield without looking back but this time with Simon and the princess avoiding me. I heard her whisper to Damien that she wonders if I remember her slapping me and if he thought that I would 'do' something to her. After that I stopped listening to their conversation.

 I could still feel John's eyes on me, checking on me, to make sure that I was coping. I think he forgot that I could hear his thoughts   and I certainly  didn't want to remind him of the fact because I needed to hear them. I know that  it was the last time I would be able to. After the attack of king Phillips soldiers ended I felt numb and the only thing I could think of doing was spy on John's thoughts. 

While the galloping horses was the audible reminder that time was running out because with every mile we covered it brought us closer to Diaz and my inevitable goodbye from John.

"Anna are you okay, what's wrong?" I was so focused on John that I didn't notice Damien ride up with the princess who was  pretending that I didn't exist, looking everywhere but at me. "I'm fine, nothing's wrong". I mumble hoping that would satisfy him but he snorted at my answer to let me know just what exactly he thought of it. 

Damien then reins his horse in motioning for me to do the same slowing the horses to a canter. "Is it John?". I knew it was obvious even if he didn't know the details but I didn't want to talk about it especially not in front of the princess. "Not now Damien," and I look pointedly at princess Cassandra using her as an excuse to not say anything. With that he kicks his horse's side and gallop again heading straight for John. To late I realize that when he didn't get answers from me that he would head straight for John. 

I was about to follow Damien's action when I see a blast of ice shards coming from his hands about to hit John when John reined in  his horse coming to a complete stop with Damien shouting, "That's for what you did to Anna and this is for not crawling on your hands and knees begging for her forgiveness. 

Before anyone could react Damien jumped off his horse and grabbed John's arm starting to freeze him. "There Anna I'm taking care of him now give me a big smile". Damien was smirking at me and for the first time that day I could feel my face twist into a small smile. "You don't have to do that Damien but thanks for the thought". Either Damien ignored me or he didn't hear what I said because John was turning blue.Why wasn't he using his fire?

"That's enough, Damien" I yelled while I jumped off my horse so I can reach them but in the same instant so does princess Cassandra and block my access to them. "What are you doing? Get out of me way, now ".  I yelled at her.

She moved in front again when I weaved to the right and the princess started waving her hands in front of my face. All the while shouted at me to leave him alone. "Use your fire John" I shouted to be heard ignoring all thought of just blasting the princess out of my way. 

'...Anna...Anna..."