Natures Force XIX

Chapter XIX

Anna

This means that I have to go back, I have to get John. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to do that. I basically just left him there with no explanation.  I'm just about to turn around when I hear a horse neighing. I let my power flow getting sense of who it was.

"...there must be a rider..."

"...I can see the tracks..."

"...I saw the dust..."

I feel a little relieve its not someone that's looking for me specifically. Just for another rider which means it can't be the soldiers and a little disappointing because it can't be John either. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I have to go past him to get back on the road to get John. I suppose I could wait, but the unknown rider has stopped as well and was looking at the tracks that I left.

Well here goes nothing, I have to get back before the soldiers get here. "Good afternoon, Anna is it?" The rider called out to me as soon as I was close enough. That startled me. How does he know who I am? and should I say that yes its me.

"...it must be her..."

"...that's where she said that she will  be..."

"...she knows who I am right?..."

I was about to race right past him when I realized that he thought that I knew who he was. "Yes I'm Anna, do we know each other?" He smiled at me and then looked past me as if he was expecting someone else "I'm Damien, Claire send me, but she said that there's someone else that is suppose to travel with us". 

"Oh so you know Claire?". That was all I could think of to say and continued "I was about to head back to get John". I indicated that he should turn as well. 

"Yes I know Claire and she asked that I come with you to Hastings to meet her. She said that you could read minds and that you'll know that I'm here to help".

That startled me more Claire just told a perfect stranger of what I can do. "What else did Claire say?" . I was a little uncomfortable with Damien knowing about what I can do so I have to find out what else Claire has told him.

"I think I should explain. I have never met Claire, she just speaks to me, in my mind. Yesterday she 'told' me to come here and I'll meet a girl and I have to help her. When I asked how I will know who the girl is, she said that you'll be able to find me, that you'll be able to read my mind". 

I wasn't sure what to make of this, if I should trust Damien, but if Claire send him here, he must be telling the truth. Why would a perfect stranger want to help me?.

So I yet again I was about to start riding when I heard another rider approaching. 

"....Anna must be here..."

"...she couldn't have gotten far..." 

It seems that we wouldn't need to go back for John because he was already on his way. "Listen Damien, John doesn't know that I can read minds so could you please just keep it between the two of us for now".

The look on John's face was priceless when he came around the bend and saw me with Damien. He nearly fell off his horse. "Anna are you okay?". Finally John was being suspicious of someone other than me and it was such a relief that I giggled. I'm just so glad that he followed me. I was sure that he wouldn't want to see me again after the way I just left without saying anything and now it seems that I came here to meet Damien yet he wasn't suspicious of me.