Scene 8 - Time to start again

Several hours have passed on. The Doctor, Zoe, Jamie, Vishar, Tara and Lycia step taking large steps to return back up the hill where the TARDIS lies. The Time Lord leads the way once again, disappointed and upset about the damaging results of earlier. Corvax's corpse has been removed.

Doctor:

It didn't have to end this way Vishar.

Vishar:

I know Doctor, we just wiped out the last of the Casthians forever.

Doctor:

Yes. Sad, isn't it? They were a peace-loving race with great scientific advances.

Lycia:

So where will you go now Doctor, Jamie, Zoe?

Jamie:

We'll let the TARDIS decide that.

Zoe:

My theory behind it is that the TARDIS takes us to wherever there is danger and sends us to save lives and planets.

Lycia:

A bit cramped, isn't it?

They all finally arrive by the police box and stand around it to make their farewells.

Doctor:

Oh, we are perfectly fine thank you my dear.

Vishar:

Doctor, I must ask you again, but won't you stay to help us rebuild our world. You've saved our world before, we would be indentured if you, as in return, to stay and share your gift.

Tara:

Now the planet will recover from the wreckage Corvax has left behind.

Doctor:

Oh, if only we could, but I think you will manage perfectly independently.

Jamie:

So what about the rest of Corvax's stuff then, will it be yours to keep I suppose?

Tara:

Correct. Corvax has been left back in the swamp with his spaceship, as it is his.

Zoe:

So you just threw him back in?

Lycia:

He has already caused our people enough terror and destruction Zoe.

Doctor:

Yes, that is understandable. My condolences for your father Vishar.

Vishar:

Don't mention him Doctor.

Doctor:

Just one more piece of advice Vishar. Next time a visitor from another world arrives and they're hostile, I think the better alternative would be giving them a choice, somewhere else where they can go. Somewhere where they don't bring misery and unhappiness on others unnecessarily.

Vishar:

Don't worry Doctor, we will.

Lycia:

And, as for the gun, we threw it with Corvax back into the swamp.

Jamie:

A very sensible idea Lycia.

The Doctor unlocks the TARDIS door.

Vishar:

Well, goodbye Doctor.

Vishar raises his arm for a handshake, the Time Lord return the compliment.

Doctor:

Not goodbye Vishar, merely until the next time.

Vishar:

One more thing Doctor, before you go. Tell me exactly, who are you?

There is a long pause.

Doctor:

Well, I suppose I'm out for... fun, really.

Zoe and Jamie enter the ship.

Vishar:

But, where exactly do you come from though Doctor?

There is another long pause.

Doctor:

Oh, a long way away. In fact, I'm just a traveller, wandering through.

He smiles happily before the doors shut. Both Vishar and Tara hold hands as all three watch the magnificent dematerialization of the TARDIS, disappear into thin air with that wonderful sound. Inside the TARDIS, travelling and spinning around the time vortex, the three time travellers stand around the control panel of the ship. The time rotor rises up and down whilst the ship is in flight.

Jamie:

Doctor?

Doctor:

Jamie?

Jamie:

What did Corvax mean about a, what lord?

Doctor:

Oh, probably mumbling something about me Jamie, nothing to worry about.

Jamie's facial expression shows he isn't convinced by the Doctor's explanation.

Zoe:

I wonder what will be up against next time?

Doctor:

Yes, I wonder.

The Doctor smiles. We leave at the sight of the rising centre column, off on their next adventure through time and space.

End.

(End credits)