Scene 4 - Prisoners

The cells are where The Doctor, Jamie, Zoe, Vishar, Tara, Ross and Lycia have been taken to. The conditions they have been left in are something like the setting of Victorian London; murky, filthy walls with rank colouring, dim boring lighting in a relatively spaced out environment. The rusted chains hang their captive prisoner by tying the metal at their palms, making them hang off from a high level, enough for them to stretch out in discomfort. They attempt to try and wriggle out of the chains but is an almost impossible task.

Jamie:

So this is what we have escaped to then Doctor?

Doctor:

Oh, well how was I supposed to know about what they would do to us? You and Zoe have been here before remember.

Zoe:

Well, not enough to know what was in store for us.

Jamie:

You know, it's the same old thing that happens; first, we meet up whoever we meet when we arrive, we are believed to be the enemy, we are captured, we escape, meet more people, then somehow we are recaptured again.

Doctor:

Not everyone here is evil Jamie, just because one society has fallen out with its' leader doesn't mean everyone is in the wrong.

Zoe:

Well this Corvax dictator is.

Vishar:

As is Traag. We need to get out of here and stop Traag and Corvax.

Doctor:

Vishar, what's the point in coming all the way here and escaping immediately.

Lycia:

He does have a point Doctor, right now Traag is planning to send everyone into mass slaughter.

Doctor:

What I'm saying is we let them think we are captured safely, and when we do, then we escape.

Tara:

And how exactly do we escape with those two idiots guarding the door.

Vishar:

Well they aren't exactly the brightest star in the sky are they?

Tara:

I like that, star in the sky, very romantic.

Zoe smiles happily and Jamie notices, coughing his throat.

Jamie:

Anyway, first things first, who exactly is this Corvax then?

Ross:

He was meant to be a God, and now I have let all of you down now.

Vishar:

Dad, what's been done has been done, so we'll have to work around it.

Lycia:

What does he look like Doctor, some god or something?

Doctor:

A god? He doesn't even come from this very universe. He is a Casthian, the last of the Casthians, he was involved in an experiment involving orbital theory in his own planet Canthia. After an accident, he destroyed his own planet.

Jamie:

Oh. So he was able to save himself and somehow arrived here then?

Doctor:

Exactly Jamie, his ship had hardly any fuel left. Fortunately for him that this planet's atmosphere was suitable enough for him to breathe.

Zoe:

And so his crash landing must have caused a phenomenal disaster across the planet.

Doctor:

Precisely.

Lycia:

Which must have caused this planet to become the way it is.

Jamie:

Well that's alright then, he must sound like an alright bloke.

Doctor:

The Casthians are a peace-loving race Jamie, well bar one.

Ross:

I saw him crashing. I saw his ship crash. It was like a ball of fire him coming down. When he crashed into the bog I went to help him immediately, and so I just went along with it. He told me that he will help the planet recover from the damage done to this planet, providing food, water, and minerals for us to start again. Now it seems that I have misled everyone.

Zoe:

Well now we know how why he is here, the question is what his next move is.

Doctor:

I believe he wants to escape Quinnis and begin to start conquering the universe.

Jamie:

Well what does he look like?

Doctor:

In your terms Jamie he looks like a half-man, half-bird creature.

Zoe:

So, is that why he was so vulnerable to the gas earlier?

Doctor:

Yes. Zoe, what do you know about oxygen intake in birds?

Zoe:

Almost exactly like a human, their lungs are practically similar to us.

Vishar:

So is that how we stop Corvax, fill out a load of gas and kill him?

Doctor:

No, we can't strike him down just like that.

Vishar:

Have you got a better idea then Doctor?

Doctor:

Yes. Improvise.

Ross:

You can just leave me here, I don't want to be involved in this mess anymore.

Jamie:

I, well maybe because you got us into this mess you might want to get us out of it.

Zoe:

Jamie, that's not making anything better.

Tara:

I think the best thing we can do now is to escape? Is that a good idea now that we know the situation?

Lycia:

Well how do we get out of these chains then?

Jamie:

What about the sonic screwdriver Doctor?

Doctor:

Yes. But it is in a pocket. It won't work on the wooden door. Jamie, Zoe, now you'll have to help me reach the sonic screwdriver out. This is how we will do it.