Scene 5 - Welcome to the TARDIS

The Doctor, Jamie and Corvax have now finally returned to the TARDIS. All three wait amongst the time ship, the Doctor and Jamie still aware that a gun points in their backsides.

Corvax:

So this is the TARDIS, is it?

Doctor:

Yes, here we are.

Corvax:

It seems that your plan to delay me Doctor has failed. Your friends will not be coming to rescue you.

Jamie:

Maybe they are coming this very minute Corvax, I thought you had particular good senses.

Corvax:

It's a good thing the Doctor has kept to his side of the bargain, otherwise you would be left here to die for like the rest of this miserable, insignificant dump.

Jamie:

Your just another mad scientist who got above himself.

Corvax:

Maybe once I get to Earth I would perhaps use you to study the anatomy of the tellurians.

Jamie:

Hey, I'm not donating myself to you to be part of your dirty schemes.

Doctor:

Jamie, that's enough.

Corvax:

So come on Doctor, open up. No tricks.

The Doctor goes to fetch the key.

So, what model is this ship, a type 24?

Doctor:

Wrong again Corvax.

The TARDIS doors have been unlocked and opened.

Here we are.

Corvax:

Right, you two in first. Remember, I still have this.

Doctor:

With pleasure Corvax. It might be a bit small for you.

The Doctor, Jamie and Corvax all enter into the TARDIS. Stepping inside carefully, he is gobsmacked at the transdimensional walls of the TARDIS, whilst the Doctor approaches the TARDIS console itself. Jamie is held by Corvax, both standing by the shutting doors.

Corvax:

Incredible! Trans dimensional engineering. How do your people do this Doctor?

Doctor:

That's a secret for me only.

Corvax:

Your ship is now mine, you will operate it for me.

Jamie:

Hey, what about everyone else on this planet? Are you just gonna leave to starve?

Corvax:

What other usefulness do they have? Now, Doctor, activate the machine.

Doctor:

Well where do you want me to take you anyway?

Corvax:

You know where I mean, stop wasting more time. The planet Sole 3.

Doctor:

But I can't. The directional unit doesn't work properly.

Jamie:

Not that he can control the TARDIS anyway.

Corvax:

I will kill him Doctor.

Corvax tightens the grip on Jamie.

Doctor:

Oh, oh. Very well then.

The Doctor pulls the dematerialization lever on the TARDIS, as the time rotor begins to sway up and down. Corvax stands amazed at the art and work of the TARDIS in motion. However, the Doctor has bent down to fiddle around with the Mercury fluid link. After rising back up again, the TARDIS begins to act strangely, now it can't take off. Quickly, the Doctor stops the TARDIS materialization.

Corvax:

What's going on?

Doctor:

Oh dear. It appears that we can't take off.

Corvax points the gun back at the Doctor.

Corvax:

If this is another excuse for delay...

Doctor:

No, no. The mercury fluid link has just run out, which means we can't take off again. I thought I heard something go wrong down there.

He holds it up for Corvax to see.

Corvax:

I see what you mean. You were telling the truth. You will repair the circuit device, quickly.

Doctor:

At once.

Corvax:

It seems time is now on your side Doctor.

The Doctor begins to make his "amends" to the fluid link.

Doctor:

Yes. It's a good thing we have plenty of this stuff in the TARDIS when we picked it up on the Wheel.

Corvax:

What power source does this ship work off exactly Doctor?

Doctor:

Why do you ask?

Corvax:

Because this is now my ship, and I want to know everything.

Doctor:

Alright. Mercury is once substance. The TARDIS works off energy from the time vortex through an artificial source of energy called the Eye of Harmony. Mercury, along with Artron Energy and Zitron 7, are only a few resources the TARDIS relies upon.

Jamie:

I don't know why you are telling him this Doctor.

Corvax:

Because boy, if the Doctor was wasting his time and let the dwellers come to attack, you and the rest of those farmers will be obliterated in seconds. I know he isn't wasting his time, are you Doctor?

The Doctor gives him a death stare.