Chapter 22: The Dream

Draco woke up as normally on Harry's bed but today he felt different. He rubbed his eyes, sitting up and stretching his arms and as he did so, he realized that he wasn't in his usual ferret form. He turned around to see the bed completely empty - if he didn't count the covers.

He slowly stood up and looked all around the room. Why wasn't Harry there?

"The curse won't ever be undone, Draco." he jumped backwards as a woman appeared in front of him with a dark cloud of dust. Draco stared at his mother.

"How-?"

"I'll tell you all about the curse, my son." Narcissa grinned and put her hands on her waist. "The only way to get you cured is to find the love of your life. And for a fact I know that you won't find them." Draco glared at the woman and then straightened his tie. "The stupid parchment in your pocket." Draco's eyes widened. "It was just the thing how to get you cursed. It's just a piece of trash. Poems are just words. Pathetic words for pathetic people." Draco knew his mum never liked poetry much but that was a bit too much for her. And the fact that he would have to find the love of his life made a small part of him nervous. He loved Harry, right? Was Harry the cure?

"So I just have to find the love of my life?" Draco asked with the lowest whisper what came from his pale pink lips. Narcissa nodded and smirked.

"You have to find them and make them fall in love with you." he gulped. "You have a day left."

"What?!"

"The curse will stay like this if you don't get the love of your life to see the connection between you by the midnight. And I bet you'll never find that poor person." Draco's breathing got heavy and he quickly fell onto his knees to the ground, like something had pushed him.

"Draco.." He looked up and saw all the Death Eaters he knew, up in the air. "Draco.." his eyes got heavy too.

"Draco."

"Draco!"

In a short statement the ferret squeaked and jumped up. He looked up to see Harry shaking him carefully. He looked around the room and then back to Harry. The next morning had came. It was a dream?

"We have to go to classes! We skipped History of Magic! We have DA now and then Charms! Oh gosh we slept over the classes." Draco rolled his eyes, the dream still bothering him.

-----

"Harry!" Ginny yelled as the raven haired boy entered The Room of Requirement. The ginger girl hugged Harry and then noticed Draco. "Oh hello. Sorry for the last mee-" Draco just barked and walked away.

He climbed up a wall to a place he could lay and think, although he didn't have much time. He looked as Harry pointed his wand at Romilda and casted a spell which the girl stopped. The Yule Ball would be tomorrow and the curse would be sealed by the midnight.

He came up with an idea. He'd go to the Ball. He'd save one transformation for the night and do all the things he needed to prepare for the ball, in the morning. But he'd have to skip classes and do all the things alone. Whatever the time will come.

The ferret was utterly bored and decided to make things less- well, bored.

"Oi, Potter!"

"Malfoy! What in the bloody hell are you doing here?" Ron jeered. Draco smirked slightly and shot a glance to Harry. Surprisingly, Harry smirked back. What's that supposed to mean?

"Yeah, Malfoy. What are you doing here?" Harry stepped forward, pointing at Draco with his wand. This boy has gone bloody crazy?!

Draco gulped as Harry stepped closer. The following scene was an utter silence between Harry and Draco, just staring at eachother. Harry slowly lowered his wand and smiled. That made Draco melt once again. Harry's quite messy hair was just perfect and his features, all perfect.

"Potter." Draco took a deep breath. He could do it. Now or never. "I-" he closed his eyes. "I'll meet you in Charms class." he spoke and then sprinted away, flustered. What was he thinking? In front of the Dumbledore's Army? No. That was a failure.

-----

Harry sat down to his seat and then shot a deadly stare at Draco. Why in the world would he pull up like that?

Draco stared back and smiled. He liked the color of Harry's eyes. Not just the color, the way they felt on his own when they met. When did I become so cheesy?

Draco flickered his wand in the air and whispered a spell. It didn't work. This sucks.

Harry was shot by many questions about Malfoy and what the hell was that. He just shrugged them off and said it was just nothing. He again picked up the eye contact with Draco and looked straight into his eyes. The gray platinum eyes. Beautiful.

Draco felt his arm slipping below his chin and loudly slamming his head to the desk. The whole class broke into cracking laugh but Harry. Draco looked up, embarrassed and slightly angry. He sas Harry and his eyes widened as he saw the boy's facial expression being worried. He rubbed his forehead and let out a small laugh and just as he started, so did Harry.

Oh boy he loved Harry.

-----

"Potter, wait!" Harry heard the voice of Theodore Nott coming closer. "Nice- sorry, ugly ferret you got there."

"Sod off."

Draco has a unique temper like everyone has, but he didn't act like everyone would have acted. He jumped off Harry's shoulder to Theo's and made his way to tge boy's hand. He opened his mouth and soon enough, his teeth were in and out of the Slytherin's skin. Harry heard him scream from pain and then curse. Remembering the quote he had made, he hummed.

"Nott, if a ferret bites you, it's nearly always your own fault." Draco jumped up to Harry's arms and then the duo walked away.