Chapter 11: The Forbidden Forest

The September had took the brown leafs from the mesmerizing trees outside of the castle. It was a gray afternoon with a dull sky, threatening rain.

Harry and his friends had hung out reading books and changing thoughts. He haid gone through the book five times now and each time he hadn't seen any useful transfiguration spell. Maybe it was the book, maybe not but Harry had the feeling to rip a page of the book and just leave it. He was frustrated by the idea of Draco ending up like that for the rest of his life. Of course they could go to McGonagall and tell her how they had spent summer together and snuck into places in Hogwarts and got out of there with his invisibility cloak, but they could easily get expelled. But there was a one page what interested him.

Ron tumbled down to the sofa and let out an aggressive sigh and ran his hand through his hair. Harry laid on his stomach on the floor, his nose in the book.

Slowly raising his head thoughtfully, he sent Ron a worried look. Ron's nails dug into his palms.

"Nott is a git." Ron pouted. Harry could sure agree to that, Theodore was a git. "And where the bloody hell is Malfoy anyway?" Ron bridled. Harry looked back to his book, now sitting up.

"Don't know. And it's better that he's somewhere away from us, you know?" a sharp amount of pain filled Harry's stomach as he said that. He felt bad to say that. His eyes now glued in the book, he breathed deeply.

Draco also had heard what Harry had said, but he ignored it because he knew it wasn't true. But still it crushed the boy's heart inside. He stepped into the common room and saw as Granger placed her Gryffindor scarf on the table with a book. The fire glowed in her eyes as she looked into the hot flames. Draco gave a half smile to Harry and a glare to the other two next to him as he walked up to them. His eyes glowed with interest as he looked at the book in his crush's hands. Draco bit on his lip. The cover was brown, drak brown with golden text on it.

Harry picked the ferret up and put the book down to his lap. "Hey." the corners of his mouth lifted. Draco stared deep into the boy's green emerald eyes. Green sure was his favorite color.

Harry ran his hands through the soft fur, adoring the boy. He didn't know why, but he liked petting Draco and being close to him or even his proximity affected on Harry. He placed his other hand on the books cover and looked at it instead.

"Hermione?" the boy looked at his friend. She nodded and looked back at him.

"Yes, Harry?" Harry lifted his other hand up with the book and opened it. With one hand, he skipped the pages.

"In here, page 99 is nothing. Do you know why?" Hermione explored the page with her eyes.

"I don't think it's anything serious. Maybe just a fail." She turned around and closed her mouth.

Not longer after that, the white tiny creature had fallen asleep onto the smiling brunette boy's arms. Harry had shoved the book away and took a glance on Ron who was watching Hermione who was reading the Daily Prophet.

"Harry-!" Dean bursted into the room.

"Shh! He's sleeping." Harry said in a low voice and glared at Dean. He looked horrified.

"But Harry, Seamus-" the boy was fighting back tears. "Seamus and I went to the Forbidden Forest and he- he just faded into the air!" and now the boy fell on his knees, sobbing. Draco's lashes fluttered open. He gazed at everyone. Harry noticed him of course and put him down to the floor. Then he went to Dean.

"Dean it's ok. We'll find him." he hugged the crying boy. Dean tried to calm himself down and then stopped crying. He rubbed his eyes and looked outside.

"It's about to start raining isn't it?" He questioned quietly. Harry looked out to the dark evening and sighed. He nodded with a small amount of sadness. Where could Seamus be? He was good friends with the boy and of course was worried. Draco walked to them and the green eyed boy scooted down and picked him up.

"We're going to find him. Now." The courage in Harry's voice made butterflies fly around in Draco's stomach. Harry put his red hoodie on and looked at Dean. "You're staying here." the dark brown haired boy nodded and slouched to the dormitories.

—————

Ron embraced Hermione and lifted her chin up. "Hey 'Mione we'll find him." Hermione gave him a fake smile and leaned on his shoulder, making Ron grip on her tighter.

The students walked out of the castle without anyone noticing. They could only hear the house elves creeping on some points and few students skipping the latest classes and hiding somewhere.

Harry made his way into the black forest. His heart had been beating much more as he stepped out to the dark gardens outside.

The blonde boy in his animal ferret form was sure that they would die in there and now especially as he was a ferret, any creature could just make him scared to death. His ears shot up as he heard something, but it just seemed to be Granger scared. Then he let his ears go down. He could feel Harry's heart beating. That made him more nervous. He remembered when in first year he, Neville and Fang had gone to the woods, terrible. But then he'd been able to go with Harry after that. He'd been so scared, but felt very confident as Harry was with him, until the creature had growled to them and he had panicked.

Harry stopped as he saw a tiny lake. His eyes scanned the forest and followed every move there was. The clouds were dark and black, the sky was full of them.

"Seamus!" Harry shouted. His voice echoed in the — empty looking, but full of everything — forest. "Seamus are you here?!" again, no answer.