Chapter 26: Stupid ferret

"And extend your arm like this." Harry spoke and swung his arm in the air with his wand. Marietta nodded and watched as her best friend Cho did the same as Harry. She laid her hands to her side and then extended her right hand towards the wall and flickered the wand in the air. Harry smiled and moved on to others.

Terry Boot and Michael Corner were practicing the protection charm with Hannah Abbot and Alicia Spinnet. The girls beamed jinxes at the boys who tried to protect themselves from the charms and spells.

Harry and all the members of DA had been more focused on training than ever. The whole three days they had been practicing the spells. Ginny was one of the few people who succeeded the best in there, not to mention her accident with Draco the other day. Hermione and Ron had been a bit distant from Harry but he knew it would come some day. The spare time what Harry had, he spent alone in the library or in the castle corridors. He had caught Draco staring at him few times during breakfast or dinner but always as they shared a moment with their eyes they would get on a fight with others. That happened every time.

Harry took a sip of his water and glanced to the Slytherin table. He got hold of Draco's gaze and admired the boy's stunning eyes. Draco had his fork in his hand but his grip loosened and the fork dropped to the floor making a jarring noise. He flushed red what was utterly unusual for the head boy of Slytherin who pleased attention from others. Harry tried to hold his own blush and his laugh but didn't get a chance to make it seem like he wasn't laughing as Draco glared at him and the whole Slytherin table turned to Harry.

Harry controlled his laugh and gulped. The first thing what Harry did was; he stood up and escaped the Slytherins' insults and laughs. Draco of course excused himself and went to get his boyfriend back.

He opened the door of the Great Hall and shut it behind him. He looked around to clear the coast and shifted into his ferret form. As he wandered around the castle, he eventually saw Harry sitting on the floor and leaning to the cold rock wall. He jogged to him and growed into his tall human form.

"There you are." he mumbled as Harry raised his head up to him. Extending his arms out and helping Harry off the ground, Draco hummed and smiled. "I'm sure they'd like you if they would be aware of your soul's beauty."

"You cheesy ferret." Harry chuckled and leaned onto Draco's side, not letting their hands part. His eyes caught the collar on Draco's neck. "You kept it?" Draco nodded. " You totally are a ferret, but you're my ferret."

"And I love you, you stupid Scarhead." Harry frowned at him.

"I hate you and then I love you. It's like I want to throw you off a cliff." he groaned. "But then rush to the bottom to catch you." Draco raised his brows and let out a small laugh.

"The feeling is mutual."

—————

"What about Theodore, is he still being a jerk to you?" Draco sighed and laid his hand on Harry's.

"Yes, he definitely is. And I have a feeling he won't stop." Draco snorted.

"Of course he does. Someday." Harry slid his hand away and gasped, hitting Draco's arm.

"Stupid ferret."

"You are the stupid one here, Potter." Draco stood up and grabbed Harry hand pulling him up. "Come on. Let me play with your hands."

"You are a childish asshole. But okay." Draco chuckled at his boyfriend and then slowly collected Harry's fingers on his grip. He played with Harry's fingers for a good time and then stopped.

"How did you start to like me..? I mean I'm an awful person. I've bullied you for years." Draco put his thoughts into words. Harry stood up and sighed.

"I thought you could change. And you did. And you're beautiful of course. I liked some girls years ago and now you, so that's how I found out I was bisexual but still denied it." he blushed and leaned against the nearest wall. "I used to think being bisexual was something to be ashamed of and I tried to be straight. But I found that society is screwed up, not me."

Draco hummed for response and then turned into his ferret form. He grabbed onto Harry's robes and climbed up to the younger boy's shoulders.

"Want to go to the Great Hall?" Harry asked as he felt the ferret nuzzle onto his neck and nod. In a quick moment they were on their way to the Gryffindor table where were sitting just few people — including Theodore Nott sitting on the Slytherin table.

Harry rolled his eyes and sat down. Draco climbed down his arm to the table and laid down. Harry chuckled and ran his hands through Draco's fur.

Nott laid his eyes on Harry and Draco as they played around at the table. He scoffed and looked at Draco. He raised his brows, like he'd seen something familiar. He stood up and walked to Harry.

"Potter, what's that in your stupid rat's neck?" he snarled through his teeth. Harry turned around to look up to the Slytherin boy.

"First: he's not my rat, he's my ferret. And second: it's a collar if you didn't know." Draco hissed and moved away from Theodore. He didn't like the idea of him being that close to him in his any form when had just been insulted.

Nott pushed Harry away from the ferret and he himself sat down to where Harry had just sat. He stared at the hissing ferret. Draco wanted to bite him so badly that he couldn't move. He wanted to attack the boy so badly. But he didn't. He got and idea.