Chapter 7: A Duel?

Harry sat down to the red sofa and smiled. His thoughts slipped on another and another. From his friends to his family and back. The fire in front of the boy was bright and the flames were big. He stared into the flames as the rest of the students became into the common room.

Draco made his way through the students and stopped as the Weasley bumped into him. He saw the redhead look down and apologize. The ferret huffed and continued his walking. He ended up into the dorms and found Harry's luggage up there. He looked up to see a bed and concluded that it was Harry's, so he jumped on it and curled up in a ball. He was exhausted by all the people - mostly Gryffindor girls - in there. He sighed and closed his eyes, but couldn't sleep. Harry was on his mind, how could someone like Harry like him? Even after he had done to him. Draco decided to get up, and so he did.

"Oh please. It's not that hard, just go and say it to him." Draco stopped. He peeked behind the bed to see Colin Creevey and Romilda Vane. Vane looked like she had just been in a duel, so crappy. Creevey looked extremely cheerful as always. He was holding his camera and snapped few pictures of the place. "It's not like he likes anyone, anyway."

"He likes Ginny of course!" Vane whined, looking more miserable. Ginny Weasley? Who would like that she-Weasel?

"Harry is a good guy." Draco narrowed his eyes. "He likes you, not Ginny." Creevey told and picked up his luggage. "You should probably leave, you know the rules." he pointed out. Vane nodded.

"Please don't tell anyone." She pleaded, Creevey nodded and then waved. After a minute, the girl was walking out of the dorm and only Draco and Creevey were there. Draco slowly began sneaking back to the common room, annoyed. Harry didn't like she-Weasel, did he?

"Silver!" Colin exclaimed and Draco sighed heavily. He turned around to face the fourth year. "Come here. I have some mice you'd like to eat." Draco looked at the package of mouses in disgust. I am not eating mice.

Draco swung his tail and padded away. He scanned the students over the place, the new first years and the seventh years. He saw the Wesley twins doing something stupid as always. Then he reached Harry and sat down beside him.

"Hey." The brunette said and glanced at him. Harry felt like a sharp pain in his stomach as he looked away and saw Hermione and Ron laughing together. He turned his head away to Draco. "Up for a cuddle?" he blurted out. Draco didn't hesitate even for a second, he just jumped on Harry's lap and got closer to him. Harry fixed his glasses and petted the ferret. Suddenly Draco climbed up to Harry's shoulders and buried his head to the younger boy's neck. Harry chuckled and hugged him. Draco's heart melted as he could feel Harry's cheek on his. A few moments passed and they both were in deep sleep.

-----

Hermione shook Harry carefully. The girl's eyes met the boy's eyes as he woke up. Draco fell off Harry to the sofa and he squeaked. Hermione smiled and helped Harry up.

"Our first class is starting. And you missed the mess what Colin did." Draco's ears shot up.

"What? Colin?" Harry questioned the girl. Hermione nodded as she picked up some books.

"Yes, Colin Creevey. He had picked up a wrong wand, which had been somehow Romilda's" she explained opening the door. "He used it to cure a plant but the spell failed and destroyed the poor plant." Harry had stood up and picked Draco up.

"Oh. Hermione?" He said as they stepped out of the common room. Hermione nodded. "Can we go to the library after classes? I have to find a book for-" Draco grinned. "a potion or a spell what I want to learn to do." Harry finished.

"Okay." Hermione agreed, smiling. They walked to the Divination class. They stepped inside and saw Trelawney introducing herself to the first year Slytherins who had this class with them because there were only one divination teacher and she had been nearly expelled by Umbridge, she was willing to teach more students at the same time.

The Gryffindors had all sat down to their seats and now checking the first years. There were few girls who pointed at Harry and giggled, Draco snarled, laying on Harry's lap.

-----

After the Divination class they had Defense Against the Dark Arts with Slytherin and Harry was excited to see Lupin but nervous about the Slytherins. If they would suspect something he would be dead.

Ron walked beside Harry. "Harry, why doesn't Silver eat anything but apples and those things?" He pointed at the muffin what Draco was eating. Harry shrugged.

"He's different from others." He said and gave Draco a sympathetic look.

"Hey Potter!" a voice yelled behind them. The golden trio and Draco turned around. Theodore Nott and Pansy Parkinson with Crabbe and Goyle. "What did you do to Draco?" Nott spat.

Harry stepped forward. "What are you talking about?" he asked, as if he didn't know anything about the blonde's doings.

Pansy huffed. "He wasn't on the train nor anywhere here." she said. "And who was nearly late of the train? You." Hermione pursed his lips together. "So, where is he?"

Harry didn't say anything, so Nott took his wand out of his robe's pocket. "Tell me where he is." few other students - including Zabini, Bell, Thomas and Finnigan - had gathered around the two boys. Ron had walked over to Harry and was now next to him. Hermione was looking really worried behind them. Nott smirked. "If you don't tell where he is, it's gonna be a duel."

"I don't know anything about Malfoy." Harry said. Draco's eyes widened again. Harry was defending him again, but now in school. Draco stepped between Ron and Harry. He glared at Theodore who had his wand now in his hand.

Before Nott could say anything Harry pulled his wand out. "Expelliarmus!" He casted the spell, which made Nott's wand shot in the air and drop somewhere. Pansy, Goyle and Crabbe had backed out before Harry could do anything else. Nott muttered something under his breath and turned his back to Harry and walked away.