Chapter Thirteen: Special Surprise

~3rd Person POV~

A week has passed since the incident with Sarah took place, and ever since then, a mental exhaustion has take over your body, weighing you down and making you restless. It was as thought there was no ounce of happiness left in your being for it seemed to vanish from existence. The situation had toll on Brendon as well. Constant paranoia fled throughout his being at the thought of you. Even though Sarah was taken away in cuffs by the police, he still feared that she'd come back.

Ever since they separated a couple years ago, he hadn't seen or heard a thing from Sarah, and then for her to just suddenly show up at his house from out of nowhere, with no invitation or warning whatsoever, (well, more so broke into his home) it tugged at his nerves and settled uneasily in his chest. The question that lingered in his mind- how in the hell did she find his address?

The times Brendon wasn't working, he spent trying to lighten your depressive mood that he took great notice in, but to no avail. It saddened him, it hurt him, it made his heart ache at the sight of you so..gloomy and almost lifeless. He hadn't seen one smile crack onto your face, a smile that he greatly missed. A smile that made his heart flutter. He missed your beaming smile, and he wished you'd smile again.

You just moped around; lazily dragging your feet in a trudge as you walked from one place to another without any emotion. Like your feet were anchors you were just dragging around. The others took notice in it too, and they all felt worry.

Brendon came back at various times of the day from his work only to make sure you were alright, and to give you food and watch to make sure you were eating. He insisted that you ate food with more fats and calories. Instead of your usual vegetable only meals, he started making you meals that contained meat, sugar, wheat, etc. In your eyes, he was giving you foods to make you bigger than you already were- he wanted you to be fat.

He actually wanted you to be healthy condition, he stated, in which you mentally rolled your eyes and sighed at that statement, not believing a word. He cared about your well being yet you were so oblivious to it all.

You didn't even want to eat, but you had to. You felt pity for what Brendon would feel if you didn't. Despite the voice that screamed in your head not to, you complied, and tried your absolute hardest to ignore the obstreperous voices although it was difficult. That is, until you got the idea to self-induce yourself to throw up the remaining foods in your stomach. There were it's side effects to this, your throat and mouth burned with chronic soreness and you had stomach cramps.

It was worse since since you had to eat three meals a day, meaning that you had to throw up immediately after every meal. You had to brush your teeth more frequent because of this to avoid bad breath and tooth decay. Not that you cared, you just didn't want Brendon possibly having knowledge on the situation. Luckily in your case, Brendon and the others haven't found out about your new diet plan and you wanted to keep it that way.

***

(Y/n)'s tired eyes slowly opened up from a dreamless slumber and the rays of the early morning sun fell slanting through her repaired window. Some of the warm rays streamed onto her face and in her causing her to shut them again.

Sighing and rubbing her eyes, she rolled onto her side and drew her half lidded eyes onto the alarm clock beside the head. The alarm sat on the bedside table with the glowing green numbers of '8:05' plastered on the digital screen. It surprised her that she managed to snatch a solid four hours of sleep. The most sleep she's gotten in a while.

She sighed and rubbed her bandaged neck. The stitches in her neck were removed and instead a bandage took its place wrapped around her neck. Her hand, as well as her arm, still had bandage wrapping around them as well and sometimes she'd feel a burning pain from the wounds. She had to suck it up and deal with it.