Chapter Sixteen: Before Everything Happened Part One.

A/n: Hello beauties! I'm sorry for the late update, this was supposed to come out wayyyy sooner but it took longer than expected. This chapter is more of an emotion-based one- you'll see what I mean later on. That being said, I really hope you all like this 5380+ chapter!

***

Driving along the road, the distance ahead seemed to expand the more the vehicle advanced forward on the street. The outside world passed the windowsill in an expeditious rate as a certain dark-haired celebrity tremendously idolized by millions hummed along to a variety of songs playing lightly through the speakers enabled inside of his car. The one and only Brendon Urie neared closer to the needed destination- home. More specifically, to where (Y/n) was. The thought of her traversing through his mind had stimulated a gyrating sensation of simmering excitation, the feeling bursting with sizzling intoxication within the innards of his chest. His heartrate hitched a rhythm. His lips contorted into an elated smile tracing across the width of his appearance, lifting the jocular grin upwards to reach to his glistering cinnamon-brown eyes. Due to it being her birthday, he had managed to pull a few strings of persuading reassurance to cut the workday shorter and he succeeded in his endeavour to do so.

Now, at that current period of time, Brendon was driving back home- accompanied by total isolation inside the car and the droned revving of the engine beneath the hood. Despite this possible delay he achieved, he wanted to spend time with (Y/n) on this special occasion and witness how she was maintaining with herself, and hopefully engage into a sufficiently important discussion about their present states. Something Brendon desired to have for quite some time now even before her birthday started. He had been severely yearning to have just a moment where he and (Y/n) could associate with each other without having to handle any incensing disruptions or unwanted happenings that addressed either of them. A couple of weeks had prolongedly elapsed by and neither of them conversed too much to one another, which was what Brendon so desperately craved to change. The young female mattered a lot to him, after all. All he had sought-after for was to successfully sustain a sincere, solid binding with her- to continue maintaining the profound relationship they've established between them. Well, what he liked to consider it, at least. He liked to think that they had comfortable conformity and a valued, healthy closeness. They had no actual intimate closeness with each other, only something with lighthearted wholesomeness. They were just something like... friends.

Friends. Friends, right? Was that what they were? Brendon cerebrated, absorbed into an inward tangent and thinking deeply in an introspective persona. Now with the subject was altering his mindset, what would his relationship with (Y/n) even specify as? A casual affair? (Wink wink) The urgent haste of endless thoughts surged his mind and spilled over his encephalon with a hoard of unanswered questions. What did she feel about him? What even was their bonded connection? Their correspondence with each other? Through this entire escapade both of them experienced, what could they be called? Did they inadvertently form a mutual bond from everything that happened, or was their friendly intimacy forced in some way? Brendon wasn't sure anymore. They weren't significant others or anything remotely related to that. As disheartening that rancorous-inducing fact was for him to digest, she couldn't feel that way towards him. She just... couldn't. There was no way she could harbour the same feelings directed towards him, Brendon thought to himself hopelessly in his own self-pity. Though, he still remained confused as to what exactly they could identify their relation to one another.

Brendon wondered to himself how (Y/n) would react to seeing him make a sudden, unscheduled arrival back at their humble abode. Hopefully to his whisking worry, she wouldn't be upset at him or upset with the unsuspected surprises he'd given her for her eighteenth birthday. He had taken notice of how she acted around him when he lingered around her those times he was able to momentarily visit her for a short duration; she always seemed inflamed by irritation as he unavailingly attempted to speak with her. Almost expecting him to just leave her alone yet never plainly saying it aloud, as though everything he performed was inconvenient and only infuriated her silently. That was the impression he was presented with. Presumably from his own understanding, his presence was like a pestiferous insect you couldn't swat away with a wave of your hand. Every word conversed, every action and movement expressed around (Y/n) peeved her to no ends, though she restricted the seething feeling down inside the hollow shell she circumcised herself within. It definitely struck a nerve inside his heart- left poundage of aching dreariness in his bosom.