[47] Proposal

[47] Proposal

Sebastian couldn't believe this was happening. Here. Right now. With his parents. They seemed to have made it their mission to irk him to no end this morning. He should have processed better their reaction to his open honesty.

His father gestured to him with his hand, giving meaningful eyes to his mother that easily transferred what was going on. "Sebastian here said he can no longer contain." Samuel said, repeating the exact words Sebastian had spoken to him mere minutes ago.

His mother gave a side-ways glance, as though that sentence alone were not enough for her. Figures she'd want it plainly said. "Is that so?" She asked, looking at Sebastian with sly eyes. " You can't contain what? Your excitement? Your happiness?"

Sebastian sighed. "The urges."

She nodded in understanding. "Yes, weremen have many urges. You like to run, and to spend time in the forest."

His father snickered. Sebastian's fingers twitched at her fake obliviousness. He shouldn't be this resistant, why was he playing into her game? "The urge you had with dad."

His mother smiled wider. "Before your father and I were romantically involved, I often had the urge to kill him. And in addition—"

"I want to mate her." Sebastian grunted, finally giving in to what she wanted.

His mother immediately walked to him, her sleeping robes flowed around her like the rising dawn. Looking like this, it reminded him of his childhood when she would put him to bed at night despite his insistence that he wasn't afraid of the dark. She patted his cheek affectionately. "You know honey, I always thought you inherited the better side of the genes. You're handsome and hate spicy food, just like mommy."

As his mother continued to drone about all the amazing attributes he so-called inherited from her, he caught sight of his father doing something absolutely horrendous in the background.

Sebastian's eyes widened with horror. "Dad, that is so unnecessary."

"What?" His father asked, looking innocent and devious at the same time. "I just want to make sure my son proposes properly."

Samuel fixed a large human-sized teddy bear on the study's chair. He even bothered to try crossing its legs in a typical female fashion. Since the legs were too stubby and short, his attempt failed rather miserably.

Sebastian could only massage his temples at the ludicrous ideas of his father. He turned to his only hope.

"Mom, fix this." He demanded.

Rather than come to his aide, his mother giggled and clasped her hands together in excitement. "No way, I want to see this too!" She enthused.

Her curly hair—hair which he inherited from her himself—was out loose and spun around her wildly. She had been sleeping only moments ago but had woken up once his father told her the news.

Sebastian crossed his arms, his eyes narrowing to annoyed slits. "This is pointless."

His mother's small hands went to his hair, combing it back as she placed a series of kisses on his cheek. Sebastian remained unmoving, his gaze fixed on the bookshelves that lined the wall in clear defiance.

"Get up."

Against his will Sebastian stood to his feet and glared.

His father chuckled. "Oops, did I do that?" His father massaged his shoulders from behind. "Go ahead Seb, make us proud. You've been carrying that ring in your pocket for some time now."