[19]

[19]

"Check all perimeters. Make sure no unknown presence is within the territory. This time, do it correctly." The voice was stern and full of authority.

It sounded far away, as if someone were speaking from a distance. Slowly, her senses started awakening. The first thing Massie noticed was the strong smell of rubbing alcohol. She looked around her surroundings and found it did not help in figuring where she was. The room was very bare, with only a queen sized bed which she currently laid in, and a small dresser with no object above it. She saw the figure of a silhouette just outside her door and propped herself up, only to feel a strong sting on her right arm. She winced and shuffled to get a better look, earning her an unbearable pain on her lower left leg that made her let out a strangled cry.

The silhouette appeared to have heard her for in seconds he entered the room. His golden eyes were hard as they accessed her. Immediately Massie was reminded of everything that happened. Her entering the forest, her finding a psychopathic wolf, the Corcorus trying to devour her, and her heroic save by the very man that now stood in front of her. Sebastian Pierce. It was crazy, how one moment she was reading about werewolves in a diary and the next she was intertwined with various of them. The Cult. How could she not have guessed they were mystical creatures from the very beginning? Everything about them screamed supernatural, and yet just like all the others she had waved it off as nothing.

Now knowing, everything made sense. The way they sat together in lunch, their height and physical prowess, it all fit together. Much more their estate in the middle of the forest, that should have tipped her off the most along with the fact that a large group lived together. Gosh, she had really been dense. Now, all she could do was gaze in wonderment at the handsome man before her. He looked taller, more overpowering, but that could have been due to the fact that he was standing whistle she was sitting down, or the anger waves that radiated off him. Which one of them it was, Massie wasn't sure.

"You are awake," he noted, narrowing his eyes.

Oh, so he was angry with her. "Yes, I am. Is this your house?" She questioned, knowing the answer but still asking anyway.

Sebastian nodded, his lips forming a strict line. He approached the side of her bed in order to better check her wounds. He was wearing a black shirt that revealed all of his arm, as well as his impressive muscles. He lifted the covers and cursed when he caught sight of her arm. "What were you thinking when you entered the forest at that hour?"

It was clear her arm had been cleaned earlier. Now, however, after her abrupt movement the injuries began to bleed again and stained the covers below her. Her eyes widened upon seeing them as well, it was so much blood, how hadn't she felt it before? "To be honest, I really hadn't been thinking at the time." The answer didn't seem to satisfy him. Sebastian growled and grabbed a large cotton pad from a low table she hadn't noticed before. She leaned to get a better look at it but only got to glimpse a few first aid supplies before the golden-eyed male grabbed her shoulder and stopped her.

"You're putting pressure on the wound, lay down." He ordered. Sebastian took the alcohol bottle and spread it on the cotton pad. Without as much as a warning he passed them over her cuts.

Massie hissed, reflexively pulling her arm away. Sebastian expected that and held her arm tighter. Every time the alcohol-dosed swab passed over a cut she had a sharp intake of breath, but nevertheless swallowed her cries. She stared at him as he concentrated on her wound. The slight shock of him being a werewolf had fallen, and now it was slowly being replaced by embarrassment; all along her beloved wolf Cinnamon was her school crush.