[32]

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to chatoyants- for making me this cover, I appreciate it!

Guys IDK I'm not really happy with how this chapter came out but if I keep editing it I might pull my hair out. SO FOR THE MEANTIME lol

Wolf Chase [32]

Describing the dinner of Everglades as 'elaborate' would be a severe understatement. For one, it was not like a typical dinner held at Dark Falls, where massive bowls were placed in the center of a huge table and the family huddled around together and ate wherever there was space. Here, their eating was held in a massive ballroom organized to look like a buffet. Large basins holding all varieties of different foods lined the edge of the wall, with long and short tables periodically placed for people to sit. She felt like she entered the food area of some fancy resort. Even the amount of people was impressive. They walked around everywhere, socializing left and right. How the heck did they have so many people?

"I told you Massie, these people mate faster than rabbits," Jordan murmured, after she unknowingly said it out loud.

Massie continued to gape in awe. If it weren't for Sebastian's steady presence in front of her and his firm grasp, she would've probably stayed rooted to her spot and continued to take it all in. Judging by the direction he was going, their group was headed to a decidedly better looking table in the center. All the tables were covered in beautiful gold-white tapestry and topped with silver utensils, but this table in specific was more detailed in its decoration. Even the chairs were covered by a gold-spun fabric, the whole ensemble gave it a regal appeal.

For being barbarians, they sure knew how the live like royalty. And dress like one too.

"Your tongue, woman." Sebastian scolded, squeezing her fingers in his hand. Massie muttered a quiet 'ow' and decided she really needed to get focused so she could stop accidentally saying her thoughts out loud. But truly, these people went all out for dinner. And to think that this was everyday.

All around her she saw their members parade in the latest fashion trends. The women in particular were more decked out then the men. They went the whole nine-yards by wearing heels and their hair perfectly styled. Even their make-up was impeccable. What were they all, models or something?

What amazed her most was how different the people of Everglades were compared to Dark Falls. In contrast to the Cult's darker features and reserved dispositions, the people of Everglades looked like balls of blond sunshine that left explosions everywhere they went. They were loud, boisterous, and rather lively. Compared to them, the Cult dressed in simplicity and their stealthy steps could afford them an easy blend to the background.

When they reached the center table, the first people she noticed were the couple seated at the head. They looked older, and as Sebastian completed his duty by being the first to give pleasantries, she found out the couple was in fact the alpha and his wife, Jasmine. They didn't all shake hands as she expected them to. The couple made motion to stand up, but Sebastian lifted a hand to halt them. To the couple's amazement, the Cult gave them a small bow in unison. Massie was caught a little off guard but managed to blend in since she was hid behind Sebastian.

"Sebastian, still proper as ever. No need to be so formal boy!" The man bellowed, laughing loudly and patting him on the shoulder.

"Alpha Stephens, thank you for welcoming us here," Sebastian replied, sounding as serious and monotonous as ever.

"You're free to come as often as you like! Ahh, and who is that little doe I see hiding behind you?" He inquired, twisting his neck to get a better view of her.

Sebastian moved to the side, exposing her to the scrutiny of two ocean blue eyes. There were mild signs of crows feet at the edge of his eyes, and some vague lines of wrinkles on his forehead. It revealed that despite his carefree disposition, he was a man that carried many worries with him to bed.