[36] Cold

A/N: I'm back! Yayyyy! These last two weeks were super intense for me, thank you for your patience! I miss SebMass just as much as you did! Things should return back to normal now :D it'll pretty much stay that way until mid-Novemeber (when I next have a lot of exams).

VOTE  & COMMENT <3

[36] Cold

Massie slowly circled the dessert table,   pensive as she considered all the options. Normally she didn't take long to   choose dessert. Today would be the exception, and it was connected to the   wereman a few tables away who was getting a second helping of food. His   withdrawal from her made her seek treats, as though eating something sweet   would somehow transfer that sweetness to him.

When Sebastian came to pick her up for dinner,   she had made sure to dress casually in jeans and an average blouse. She refrained   from dressing over-the-top, having a mild inkling that if she did he would   misread it as doing it for Stevens.

His awareness of the truth regarding recent   events did not simmer his anger. The stiffness around her and the mask of   indifference he carried was proof of that. He did, however, show something   akin to satisfaction when he noted the hickey he gave her was not hidden with   makeup or a scarf.

Silence had enveloped them all the way to   dinner. Sebastian didn't seem to mind their lack of conversation, in fact he   looked rather unbothered and detached. He refrained from touching her until   they reached the entrance of the food area. There he felt inclined to hold   her hand.

Massie picked a slutty brownie from the   selections, deciding the layered variety suited her taste buds. She recalled   the Cult's reaction the moment they noticed the hickey on her neck. 

"A hickey,   Sebastian?" Jordan's mouth dropped. His voice was full of surprise and   question.

"My, my. You've   exceeded my expectations. Who knew you could be such a convincing fiancé!"   Noah congratulated, not missing a beat. He grinned wolfishly, implying he   believed something deeper was going on than what was shown at surface.

Jayden had appeared surprised too—his eyebrows   rose a full centimeter. He continued munching on his food as   he stared. His expression of one who were looking at a weird math equation   that worked out but wasn't sure how the answer came to be.

Sebastian had merely shrugged and carried her   away to get food. He let her go on the line first, hovering behind her like a   massive protective dog that wouldn't leave their owner until they were out of   harm's way.

Massie picked a handful of strawberries and   dipped them in the running chocolate fountain. When she was on the last one,   she looked over her shoulder. Unsurprisingly, Sebastian was staring at her,   only half of his plate full from the food he selected so far. She couldn't   help but notice that ever since he used the power of alpha over her there was   a distinct awareness of him. At first she glazed over it, but when she was   alone in their room waiting for him to get her for dinner, she had a few   seconds of foreknowledge that he was nearby before he actually opened   the door. She wondered if that had anything to do with their new connection.

It seemed her alone on the dessert table   seemed safe enough to him, so he returned his attention to the buffet before   him. She recalled how at the table, Sebastian declared they would depart tomorrow   after lunch. She didn't expect to be so relieved at the news, but to be frank   she was tired of Everglades and the problems it caused her. The trip here was   suppose to make her relationship with Sebastian more solid, not strained.