[39] Theo

A/N: I was pleased to see how many loyal SebMass I had on the last chapter! Glad to see a new face doesn't stir your heart away so quickly. Let's hope it lasts through this chapter *chuckle* Mebbie all the way!

[39] Theo

His eyes flooded with shock before molding itself into one of clear interest. A small smile graced his lips. "It's been a mighty long time since I've been gifted the opportunity to meet one with matura, a beautiful one as well might I add. Now I really want to be your friend, Candy."

Massie started to regret her rashness in pulling on his collar. He seemed to appreciate their close proximity. As a matter of fact, he was getting closer.

"Stop calling me Candy," she demanded, growing irritated with the nickname. "I know you're a vampire."

"How astute of you, Candy." He said, emphasizing the name to further irk her. "I'm glad there's a brain in that human skull of yours. I'm impressed you know what I am." He chuckled, his head tilting with wayward thoughts. "Though I do guess I made it quite obvious."

"I've been told about your kind by my friends, they're werewolves."

"I prefer to be referred to as Theo, as that is my given name."

Massie scrunched her nose. What a weird name. "You sound ancient." She babbled the first thing that came to her mind, and was rewarded with a hurt pout from said man. Whether she hurt his feelings or not she didn't care. She didn't appreciate being induced to fainting.

"You wound me." He placed his hand above hers and began to disband her fingers from his collar. The material remained slightly crumpled.

Massie was about to reply when they were interrupted by shrill, female voice. "I've been looking for you all morning!"

Massie felt herself being shoved as a short brunette pulled Theo into an affectionate hug.

Massie instantly recognized her as the chick he had sunk his fangs to. Judging by the off-the-shoulder shirt she sported, there was no markings on her neck that gave way to anything the man had done. At least she knew they were as harmless as she learned them to be.

"Hey Sugar, I had a late morning. Here, I'll introduce you to my new friend— Candy." He motioned to the purple-eyed beauty.

Massie stuck her hand out to shake, but the girl merely acknowledged it with disgust. Deciding she was not worth more than a passing regard, she fixed her attention back to the dark-haired Adonis. "You weren't in my room when I woke up, I expected you to stay after such a fun night."

She gave Massie a victorious smile after mentioning the last two words, as though lording something over her. Massie yawned at her obvious display of possessiveness.

Theo shrugged. "Sorry Sugar, I had some things to attend to."

"Will I see you again tonight?

At this he smiled rakishly. "You might, I'll meet with you later after spending some time with Candy."

"Fine." Though her voice indicated she felt anything but. After sending Massie a withering glare, she stomped off. Massie could see dark fumes rise above her like a boiling volcano.

Running her fingers through her hair, she regarded the vampire. "Do you have a habit of naming women after sweet things?" She finally said. She highly doubted that girl's name was 'Sugar'.

"Why do you say that Candy, does it make you feel less important?" He grabbed a hand of hers and kissed it. Massie let him, she already knew his type.

"She has no bite mark," she stated, purposely ignoring his question. Quite frankly, she didn't care what the man called her.