[13] Babysitting Incidents

"I am so serious right now," Massie replied, staring at the Sparks.

Together, Noah and his father could best be described by the 'like father like son' ideology. As a matter of fact, they abused it. If Noah ever wondered how he would look in the future he need only look at his dad, because it was clear all his genes came from him. His father was thick and buff, the type of guys you would expect to bend steel with the edge of his pinky. Michael, as he was called, could totally pass for a boxer.

"What do you think Noah? Should we consider the acting career?" Questioned his father, but Massie could see the hilarity in his eyes. Massie joined them in their laughter.

"You hear them? Even their laughter has the same obnoxiousness," pointed out Samantha—Noah's mother—which made Massie laugh even harder as she realized it was true.

Samantha, unlike her husband and son, had a no nonsense attitude. Massie marveled at how well she and Michael proved the whole opposites attract. Her keen eyes reminded Massie that she was Sebastian's aunt, the reason why Kristin had called Noah her cousin earlier at the diner. She wondered if everyone in the household was related, which would explain why they all lived together.

"Time to go." The voice was deep and clear.

Massie turned to see whose voice could be full of such authority. When she saw him, there was no need for introductions. Just by looking at him she already knew who he was. His tall stance and proud shoulders were unmistakable. It was Sebastian's father, and he was every bit as handsome and extraordinary as she expected him to be.

A handsome father and a beautiful mother. . . it's no wonder Sebastian is so gorgeous.

"You heard Papa Saurus, let's go," said Jordan, leading a large group of boys out the front door. Massie wondered where they had all come from, surely she had not seen any of them when she entered the house.

How many other people live here who I didn't meet?

Apparently many, for it seemed adult, teens and children alike appeared out of different corners of the house and went outside. Massie asked herself three things. One: how the heck did they fit in the house. Two: how did they all hear Papa Saurus' command, and three: was Saurus really his name? It sounded like a dinosaur. Rawr.

Papa Saurus seemed to feel her gaze on him and turned his attention to her. In a matter of few steps his long legs managed to cover a considerable distance. "Hello Massie, my wife has informed me of you." He took out his hand and Massie gladly shook it. As expected, it was strong and firm. "My name is Samuel, but the young ones have a habit of calling me 'Papa Saurus'. You may call me either, pleased to meet you."

Massie smiled widely in return. She couldn't help but notice how much his son inherited from his father. The monotone voice, his controlled movements, and of course those legendary pieces of gold. "I'm happy to finally meet Sebastian's dad. He inherited a lot things from you." The corners of his lips quirked upwards at seeing her bright smile.

"All good things I'm sure."

"Don't flatter yourself honey," said Mia, overhearing their conversation. She came up beside her husband and gave him a chaste kiss on the cheek. Massie noticed his eyes soften at the view of his wife.

Oh yeah, she's got him wrapped tight.

Samuel quirked a brow. "And that means?"

Mia giggled. "Not all of your traits are great." She turned her attention to Massie. "You'll need more than the average hammer to break that ice," she clarified, referring to her son. "His father was exactly the same when I met him. And to think he actually hated me before I even spoke a word to him."