[8] Inappropriate Staring

"What do you think?" questioned Kristen, referring to the female staff uniform.

It reminded Massie of the type of outfit Cinderella wore when she cleaned her step-mother's house. Only it was all burgundy, clean, and smelled like laundry detergent. Not to mention modest. The top part covered all of her chest and made her boobs look almost non-existent. The dress went past her knees and it was not tight in the least. So much for showing off her curves to any cute guy that came in.

"In my opinion. . ." Massie tried to think of the right words to say.

Kristen winced. "It's okay, I know they're rather plain. You can blame the men who took part in the making of this place."

Massie checked herself out in the mirror again, why couldn't she have bigger hips like Kristen? You could tell she had curves in her uniform. At least she was glad she wore flats to school today, it went perfect with the dress. Then again, she mostly wore were flats because in her last school good-looking guys tended to be shorter than her. She truly hit the jackpot when she found the Cult Boys to be much taller than the average person.

"Are you sure you don't want to train me in some stuff? I've never been a waitress before."

"I think you'll do pretty good," Kristen reassured, exiting the staff room.

Massie followed after, but when she saw the immense amount of customers that met her outside she was almost blown away. Most of them of which were girls, and because of the amount of girls, guys started to enter as well.

"Sheesh, talk about good business," Massie mumbled. She wondered how good the food must be if this many customers came here on a school day.

"I'll start taking orders on the right side and you can take orders on the left." Kristen ordered, giving her a notepad and pen. "Write them down here along with the table number so as not to get confused. Then take them to the cook." She pointed to an area opposite the front door of the diner where chefs cooked. "Good luck," Kristen pat her shoulder and went on her way.

Taking things in stride, Massie went to the nearest table and began her job. "Hi I'm Massie, may I take your order?" The girls knew exactly what they wanted, meaning she didn't have to do much waiting.

She gave it to the chef and restarted the process. It was a bit harder when she had to return the orders to the customers, but this was when Kristen's advice came into place. The chef's cooked food came with the order note next to it, so she knew which table to give it to.

As Massie continued to take orders she pondered why exactly there were so many girls. One thing she knew for sure was, when there were a bunch of girls, there was a hot guy, and she was dying to know who it was. Her prayers were answered when Jayden stepped into the diner. What surprised her the most, however, was when he entered the staff room. He worked here?!

And the day keeps getting better.

With new-found enthusiasm she returned orders to the customers, giving a genuine smile this time. Turns out Jayden was a chef, could the boy get any cuter? Three hours later and various tables later with girls re-ordering despite the new flow of customers Massie found herself become exhausted. From the corner of her eye she could see Kristen work with the same energy she had when she first started.

Massie was used to getting home and watching TV. She wasn't one to prance around the house all day for fun. The only time she sweat was when she occasionally tried to copy the moves of belly dancers on YouTube, she knew her future husband would thank her for that. The only bright side of this was when she took orders to the chef, where she caught a glimpse of Jayden cooking in the background. Not to mentions she got to meet a few new people. Even so, she still couldn't help but feel relieved her shift was over in half-hour.