[17]

Please remember to vote :)

 [17]

The enchanting moon shone across Dark Falls, lighting the park beautifully and even making the rusted swing sets look enticing. The park ground was covered in small wood chips that reminded Massie of her second elementary school's playground, where she remembered first breaking her left wrist after having a harsh landing from the monkey-bars. Of course, being the person she is the moment the case came off it was the first place she visited and ended up hurting her right wrist. Her mother never let her near them since then and even went as far as to let the teacher know she was prohibited from playing on them. It didn't matter, when the teacher became distracted with other things she seized that opportunity and swung past the monkey bars. No, she didn't fall in attempt, or ever after that. Third times the charm right?

Further to the back and partly covered by the shadows of large trees was Cinnamon. If she hadn't knowingly been searching for him she doubted anyone could tell he was a wolf. His coloring would make him look like a log at passing glance. Over the weekend she had forgotten how large he really was. Currently he was laying down; his face away from the moon, but the second her feet touched the park ground he stood on his paws and waited for her to get nearer.

"Did you miss me?" She asked, hugging his neck. His face fell on her shoulder and his nose towards her neck as he gave her a swift, quick lick. Massie smiled as she felt his familiar warmth radiate through her fingers. Hugging Cinnamon was better than any stuffed animal she own, of course, it would be better if he actually brushed his hair.

Massie laid on the grass near him, away from the light in case any wandering eyes caught her out of her estate. She doubted that would ever happen though. People in Dark Falls seemed to have placed themselves at a curfew, after 10 a night there was not a soul to be seen outside of their homes.

As the cold grass cushioned beneath her, Cinnamon fell into their usual position by placing his head on her chest while the rest of his body laid away from her vertically, knowing well that her form could not handle his heavy weight. Massie began to run her hands through the hairs above his head, and though he didn't make a noise indicating his pleasure like most dogs, Massie knew he liked it because he would sometimes wag his tail.

"I did the craziest thing on Social Studies today," Massie began, inwardly giggling as she remembered the events. Cinnamon opened one eye, and closed it again to show that although he was resting, he was still listening. "Remember how I mentioned I have a crush on Sebastian? Him and I share Social Studies together, and since we sat so far apart I took it upon myself to sit behind him. This girl sat there though, so I made up a ridiculous lie to get her to go along with it. I kind of felt bad, but— hey, are you listening to me?" Massie questioned, poking his head curiously.

Cinnamon barked an affirmative and Massie smiled, continuing her tale. "So I felt bad, but it's not like she would end up being his girlfriend anyway. I might as well do her a favor and help get over him. And you know, you'd think that being closer to Sebastian would make it easier for me to talk to him but ever since he caught me staring at him like a dumbass from the window I've been hesitant to do anything." Massie paused. "Whoa, what if he thinks I'm a Level 30 stalker?!" Without opening his eyes, Cinnamon barked again, as if to say 'I doubt it'. "Right? He shouldn't think I'm a stalker; he had his shirt off. I don't care if your face looks like, if you have a great body I'm going to stare. I should have the right to since I'll be his future girl anyway," Massie noted with confidence.

This time at her proclamation both of Cinnamon's eyes slowly opened as he calmly huffed, as if to sarcastically say 'sure'. Massie gazed directly at the wolf's disbelieving golden eyes as she said "I'm serious!" Cinnamon merely closed his eyes and returned to his rest, unperturbed.