Seventy-Nine

My feet had a mind of their own. I felt my feet hit the ground as I ran off. I didn't know where I was going, I just knew I was running. I wasn't running from Calum, no that would be stupid. I found myself inside the bathrooms. I leaned against the wall and just breathed. Moments later, I could hear Jennie calling for me. Eventually she found me. She didn't say a word, she just embraced me and ran her fingers through my hair. When I was finally calm, she helped me walk out of the restroom.

"Liv!" I hear Calum yell. Oh no, he's gonna think I ran off because of him! "Liv, are you okay?" He asks once he's only a few feet away from me. I nod and swallow the lump in my throat. "Why'd you run off?" He questions me. I look at him, then at Jennie. She motions for me to explain to him what the hell was going on.

I took a deep breath and let it out. "Do you promise not to laugh at me?" I ask quietly. Calum walks closer to me and takes my hand in his.

"I promise," he says. He intertwines our fingers together and stares at me waiting for me to answer. His chocolate brown eyes were so mesmerizing, it was like a sea and I felt myself getting lost in them. I felt Jennie nudge me and I was brought back to reality.

"I'm-" I paused for a second. "I'm scared of fireworks," I say softly. I could tell Calum was holding back a laugh, actually, everyone was. "Go ahead, laugh it up!" I say. All four boys burst into laughter and I stood there, arms crossed over my chest. Calum pulls me into his chest and laughs.

"Livie, it's okay you're scared of fireworks, a lot of people are." I look up at him and he gives me a smile. "It's nothing to be ashamed of." He leans down and kisses my forehead. Suddenly, I wasn't afraid anymore. Calum made me feel safe. His arms around me made me feel like nothing could ever hurt me. Or so I thought.