Chapter 39: The Arrival

Behind this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.

-V for Vendetta

Obsidian's Point of View~~~

"You're kidding me, 'reveal our deepest darkest secrets'. I don't think so." I said disbelievingly.

"Okay then you can stay here, but if we don't do it then we can't get through." Adam said truthfully.

"Okay let's just do this." Ryan sighed and put his hand against the portal door, "My deepest darkest secret is that I killed my parents." The portal door opened slightly, and Ryan stood back, his eyes grief-filled. His mind replaying the never forgotten memory like a broken record. "There I'm done."

I tilted my head slightly at Ryan, who suddenly became a mystery. Why would he kill his parents? Then again why would Ryan do anything?

"I'm next." Jay said, "My secret is that, some part of me thinks that Scarlett killed my mother."

He stepped away from the portal door, humbly, and watched as the portal door opened slightly more.We all looked at Jay, noticing his brokeness over the subject of Scarlett, who was his sister. I pointed to Adam, "You're next." Adam took a step closer and put his hand on the portal, just like everyone else and said.

"I'm in love with someone and I refuse to admit it, because I don't deserve to love anyone. Or be loved. The worst part is that I know some part of me knows that she loves me and refuses to admit it, because I'm this." Pointing to himself, he laughs humorlessly. "Because I am what I am, and because she knows everything about me, my flaws, and still she loves me. She knows it, but refuses to admit even to herself, she tries to convince herself that she hates me because of my mistakes, but in the end, she loves me. And as cruel as it sounds, I'm glad that she thinks of me. That I keep her awake at night, that because of me she is who she is, because she is what's left of my humanity sometimes. She's the flame of the candle that lights some part of the room, because of her sometimes, sometimes I'm human. In those rare moments when the light reaches me, I feel okay again. So when I tortured her for a month, it wasn't the real me who did it. It was the me, that comes right after her. For every moment of light I have, I have thirty days of darkness."

Adam looked at the portal wall, and stepped away from it, wanting to blend in with the shadows.

Maddie went, then Trent, Nate, and Amara and Aubrey.

It looks like it's my turn.

"My secret is that I'm not who I say I am."

The portal was wide open.

"We step through together. On three." I said, everyone nodded.

"One."

"Two."

"Three."

I jumped into the portal, it all went black as my head became dizzy and the last thing I saw was blurred colors.

I had arrived.

Scarlett's Point of View~~~

The gold had been divided and we already gave some of it to the villagers and now we were celebrating. I entered the bar with Robin and the crew, Robin motioned for us to have a seat.

I gripped the edge of the table suddenly, and my vision blurred, my head began to spin and I started to breathe heavily losing control of everything. Suddenly, the sensation faded and it meant only one thing.

The portal had been opened.