Chapter 25: The Ledge

I opened the door to my room, Obsidian followed me into the room. I could hear the gears in his head moving as if he was deep in thought.

"Penny for your thoughts." I asked humorlessly.

"Who exactly is Jay?" Obsidian questioned.

"My brother." I replied shortly, inspecting the room for the dust even though I knew there was none.

"Who exactly is Miranda?"

"Someone who needs to be put into place."

"Describe your father." Obsidian stated.

"Is this an interrogation, officer?" I asked sarcastically.

"Why did you not marry Adrian?" Obsidian asked blankly, his expression betraying no hint of emotion, but I knew he was angry. His jaw was clenched, his body stiff, rigid, tense; his eyes looked at me as if hinting that he was looking at a stranger.

"Because I never planned on marrying him. I just... used him." I said shamefully.

"Why?" He asked harshly, I could feel his shoulders loosen as if he was warming up to me. One step at a time, I suppose.

"Adrian was a member of the Supernatural Council. I used him to get to the amulets. I have all the amulets now." I said fiercely looking him in the eye.

"Why did you leave me?" He asked sadly and my heart broke.

"I didn't leave you Obsidian. I get that you're mad. I do. But if I didn't leave you guys alone and do it solo,it would have taken a different path." I said.

"What do you mean?" Obsidian asked concerned.

"The village we would have to pass by was bombed a few weeks ago. I saved your lives." I replied.

"Oh."

"Yeah."

Obsidian hugged me inching closer and closer to me.

I'm sorry I judged you so harshly and thought the worst of you.

It's fine.

No it's not. I didn't trust you and I should have. I'm sorry.

Let's go to sleep.

Okay.  I missed you.

I missed you too, Obsidian.

Goodnight, love you.

Night love you too.

Obsidian fell asleep quickly, his arm drapped around my waist. I sighed, and using my pillow I put his arm under it, and tiptoed out of the room. I roamed down the hallway, and entered Damien's room. He was alone, which wasn't surprising since Amara was probably sleeping with Ryan.

"Damien." I hissed shaking him awake.

He rubbed his eyes and awoke. "Scarlett!" He said loudly.

"Shh..." I said putting one finger to his lips to silence him.

"Put your arm around my waist, we have to go." I whispered to him.

Without hesitation he put his arms around me and I ignored the sparks going up my waist.

"Where are we going?" he said excitedly.

"Shut up and hold on." I whisper-yelled to him.

I unfolded my black wings, and using my telekinesis I opened the large window that the room had. He looked shocked at my wings. "Don't ask." I begged. I led Damien to the balcony, and command. "Get on the ledge." Damien and I stood on the ledge of the balcony balancing ourselves so we wouldn't fall. "Ready?" I asked. He nodded.

"On three. One, two, three." We jumped and my wings came to life; flapping wildly as they kept us in the air.

He was held on to me tightly, and asked. "What are we doing? It's midnight."

"We have to talk." I said.

"About what?"

I sighed. "You're dying."