Chapter 20: Winter Wedding

Scarlett's Point of View~~~

We are all pawns in the game board of life, lifeless puppets, that can't fight destiny. No matter how much you wish to cut off the strings that bound you, you can't. None of us can. We must do the best with the role we have been given by the mysterious playwright no one will ever understand. I know this lesson better than anyone. In the end, we play the role we are given whether we know it or not, we are being played. The thing we do most, to cope, is put on a mask, but we must understand how dangerous a mask can be. We all become what we pretend to be.

Adrian just came home from a meeting from the Supernatural Council, as he leans over to kiss me, I put on my mask and act like I'm not disgusted or repulsed by the very thought of him. He doesn't know that I'm immune to black magic, so for now, I act like I don't want to kill him, or that I haven't thought of a million ways to torture him. The love potion didn't work on me, thank God. But, I need to find out what he wants with me, and he's friends with other council members and well I need their amulets, so for now I'm in love with Adrian, sadly.

He continues to kiss me, and I feel like I'm going to throw up so I stop him and say.

"Don't you think we're going too fast? I just met you yesterday." I ask, mentally begging him to agree. I read his mind.

I love her and she's mine, I can't wait to drink her blood and become super powerful.

I really need to get out of here, but I can't leave without the amulets.

"I want us to get married." I beg hoping I can delay the day Adrian's going to drink my blood.

"When do you want to get married?" Adrian asks and looks into my eyes lovingly.

Ew. Maybe we can get married when hell freezes over.

"Maybe we can married when it's winter and everything freezes over. I've always wanted a winter wedding." I lie.

"Okay in winter so two weeks?" He asks.

"Let's make it three weeks, so by then it will be snowing for sure." And that way I can  get all the amulets by then and destroy them.

"But for now, let's go swimming, I'll heat the pool." I offer with a fake smile.

"Okay whatever you say." Adrian smiles walking towards the pool.

"Wait.." I pause looking for an excuse. "Let me take off your amulet, we wouldn't want to get it wet." My hands reach for his neck, and he stops me.

"It's waterproof, darling don't worry." Adrian say his brown eyes looking into mine. This is going to be harder than I thought. I'm going to have to take it in his sleep and then do a replica spell, which means I am going to have to spend the night in his room.

When I save the world, the world better be grateful, because I'm really sacrificing myself here!

"Whatever you say." I say sweetly. I cannonball into the pool, pulling myself together.

Using my angel powers, I heat the pool, and stop when I have an idea. I'll just freeze time and get the amulet. I smile and freeze time. Adrian and everything is frozen. I get out of the pool and dry myself off, walk towards a frozen Adrian and resist the urge to slap him and pluck the amulet right off his neck. "Replicare." I whisper to it and watch as it makes an exact copy. I put the copy on Adrian's neck and take the actual amulet and I smash the amulet into a dust. I know how I'm going to get the amulets. Tell Adrian to invite the council members to our wedding, freeze time, get the amulets, then I'm getting the hell out of there. Oh, and let's not forget beat up Adrian for trying to seduce me with a love potion.

So that's means putting up with Adrian and his mother, who hates me, and planning a wedding. I hope when this is all over, and I get a parade in honor of me.