Chapter 2: Soulmates

"Mine." He said his eyes darkening in lust.

Crap.

The werewolf is my soul mate.

Fabulous.

"Hello?" I say unsure of how to respond. He just keeps looking at me analyzing me trying to figure out who I am.

"Who are you?" He finally asks his sharp blue eyes piercing into my soul, I don't look away as much as I want to. I can't show weakness.

"Who are you?" I echo back to him resisting the urge to pull the bars open and run.

"Damien, King Damien." He says as if trying to impress me, his eyes never leaving mine.

"Are you going to release me or what?" I ask biting my lip hoping that he says no and gives me a reason to hate him.
"Yes." Damien says running his hands through his tousled black hair and unlocking the cell that I could have easily gotten out of. But, no my stubborn self wanted to have some fun and mess with royalty.
I sigh and get up and dust myself off dramatically and roll my eyes.
"So where to now, love?" I say in my worst british accent ever. He ignores my joke and doesn't even crack a smile and mutters "follow me".
He's way too serious I think with a frown, twirling a piece of my midnight black hair with my fingers I follow him silently. We walk for a while the silence between us extremely awkward and I can't help but smile because you can cut the tension in the room with a knife.
"So..." He decides finally breaking the silence "What are your favorite colors?"
Well that was random.
"Red, Green, Blue,and Black. You?"
"Forest Green." Like my eyes I want to say.

"So we're soul mates huh?" I say breaking him out of his trance.
"Huh?"
"We're soul mates."
"Yes."

"King Damien, what is she doing here?"
A blonde girl asks in a snobby tone. Her outfit screams desperate she's in a way too short and tight pink dress and her screechy voice is making my ears bleed.

"She's my mate and your new queen, so respect her!" He says in an I'm-the-boss voice and she whimpers back. She regains her posture and says in a husky voice.
"Come back to me when your ready for a good time again."
She walks off turning her heel and swaying her hips dramatically.
Damien looks to me waiting for a reaction, and looks surprised when my face gives nothing away.
"You're not jealous?" He asks incredulously.
"No." I reply earnestly
"Because you know you are the only one?" He questions.
"No, because she can have you."