Chapter 23: Crowns

Scarlett's Point of View~~~

It was time. All I had to do was stop time, grab the amulets, and transport myself back to the house and grab my stuff. Easy. I just hope Obsidian and the others don't ruin my plan.

The church bells rang and the large mahogany door opened. The orchestra began to play here comes the bride and I start to walk, dragging the train on my pale pink wedding dress. As much as I hate to admit it, the dress was growing on me. I arrived at the altar, where Adrian was already ready. He was grinning like a fool at me, and I gave him a fake small smile back. I felt bad for Adrian, but then I remembered how he gave me the love potion, so he can drink my blood and become powerful.

"Everyone take your seats." The pastor announces. I could feel everyone sitting and the tensefulness in the air. "Now before we begin does anyone have objections to this beautiful couple getting married?"

"I do." I turn around and there he is. Obsidian. "I object to this marriage because Scarlett is my soul mate." The crowd gasped and looked shocked. This is my opportunity. I freeze time and smiled when I remember how I made Adrian tell the council members to sit in the front. I look at all 8 council members who are frozen. I switch their amulets with the fake ones I made.

I look at Obsidian and the others and I'm clueless. I don't know whether to save them and take them home with me. Then take them to Lycos. Screw it, I'm taking them to Lycos. I transport them to another one of my mansions. There still frozen I realize. I unfreeze time, and Obsidian pulls out a gun and aims it a lamp.

"Put the gun Obsidian, don't kill my furniture!" I huff.

"Where are we?" Obsidian asks dazed. "And where's Adrian?"

"We're in one of my mansions. We need to talk."  I say seriously.

"Oooo someone's in trouble." Maddie says.

I give her a look to know I mean business.

I can't help but notice Aubrey tighten her grip on Nate. Nate looks at me longingly and sadly I don't know if I can return the favor anymore. The only reason Aubrey and Nate are dating is because if Nate breaks up with Aubrey, her kingdom is going to go to war with his. Aubrey is the Elve Princess and their future marriage is what is keeping the fae and the elves from attacking each other. In my opinion Nate needs to man up, because the fae would win the war easily. Lately Nate's acts of cowardice are really starting to show.

"What's going on Scarlett. Are you hurt? Do you need a doctor? Is someone after you? How can I help?" Obsidian asks frantically, trying to find my problem.

Michael rolls his eyes and coughs. "Whipped."

Obsidian glares at him and Michael glares back.

I roll my eyes. Boys.

"You now, I was going to tell you guys something. About never mind. I guess... I'm doing this solo..." I say and everyone shuts up.

"No tell us!" Michael demands like a little kid.

"I don't know..." I say taunting them.

"Please Angel... don't be a pigeon." Michael says teasing me.

Flashback:

"No! No! No! Michael!" I yell at Michael, who is standing there white wings unfolded, his perfect blond hair and blue eyes making him look heavenly. But then again he is an angel.

"I am going with you to Lux!" Michael says furiously.

"Stay here. If you go down to Earth you will become a fallen angel. And you know how disgraceful that is! Plus everyone knows how you value your honor!" I shout. All the angels stare at us.

"Don't get your white feathers in a bunch and stop staring at us! You nosy fat pigeons!" I growl at them. They need to mind their own business.  Everyone turns away in fear and steps back.

Michael bursts out laughing and soon enough I join him.

Everyone has the exact same look of confusion on their face.

We both look at each other and say at the same time.

"Go to hell pesky pigeons!"

Then we continue to laugh hysterically.

I smile at the memory.

Obsidian growls.

"Just tell us already." Ryan huffs about to throw a tantrum.

"You're still here?" I ask with fake shock. "Obsidian, Michael, you didn't kill Ryan yet? I'm so disappointed." I say. "For shame."

Ryan rolls his eyes like a teenager who just saw the lamest thing ever.

"Scarlett, I am so glad that you are concerned for my well-being." He say sarcastically.

"I try Ry-Ry." I reply back.

"Don't call me that!" He growls.

"Why not?" I ask innocently. Soon or later Ryan has to tell them his secret.

"Shut up." He mutters under his breath.

I sigh this man has to tell them or I will. "Tell the truth or someone will tell it for you." I remind him.

"Give me time!" He demands angrily.

"Tell them soon, or I will tell them. And you know how that will turn out!" I say tired of his lies. Damien deserves the truth, especially now.

"Someone please tell me what going on." Damien says confused.

The truth, I want to tell him so badly, is that he is going to die soon.

"It isn't the right time son. Forget it." Ryan says silencing him.

Damien stays silent thinking. Death is a mercy. I want to tell him. When you lived forever on Lux, watched friends and family die, death is a mercy. I should know I'm the Angel of Death.

I sigh and continue.

"We're going to Lycos. To get back my crown."