Chapter17: Maddie

Scarlett~~~

I transported myself into the living room, thinking about Nate. I was in the living room and what I saw in the living room was scary. Amara was kissing Ryan and Aubrey was spinning around in circles like a crazed kid on sugar, trying to see how long it would take for her to get dizzy. I looked at my living room, it was exactly like I expected, my very expensive couch had claw marks, my glass cabinet and everything in it was shattered, and blood was everywhere, on the ceiling, walls, carpet. Everyone was gathered around the slashed couch and they were watching tv on my flat screen that was now cracked.

I am so going to kill them.

"What the hell happened!" I yell furious. Everyone turns around to see me. The look of fear on their faces is priceless.

"Hey Scarlett." Obsidian said nervously.

"What. The. Hell." I say through gritted teeth furious. My flat screen, my beautiful flat screen, my couch, my carpet. Oh they are so getting it!

"It's my fault." Obsidian and Damien say at the same time. Using my telekinesis, I fling them across the wall,they land on the wall with a thump. The killer in me is demanding that they suffer, but I haven't convinced myself just yet.

"Scarlett." A familiar voice says.

"Trent." I say curtly. I turn around and there he is. My traitor brother.

"Get out of my house and never, ever come back!" I yell at him, remembering everything he put me through for his selfish reasons.

"Scarlett, please, help me. They captured Maddie." Using my mind, I drop Damien and Obsidian and I say to Trent. "I will help you get her back."

Maddie is Trent's soulmate and one of my best friends. That fact she got captured means the resistance is getting weaker. Not Good.

"I'll be right back." I tell him softly. I transport myself into Maddie's cell. And I see her lying on the cell bed, her face determined, like always. It makes me smile to see she hasn't lost hope.

"Maddie. Get up." I whisper. "It's me."

She gets up slowly, I see that's she injured. I hold her hand, so I can heal her.

I transport myself back to the living room, still pissed that they broke my stuff.

"She's right here, safe and sound, Trent." I say to Trent who looks like he won the lottery.

"Thank you, Scarlett." Maddie says to me, her brown eyes grateful.

"No problem, Madds." I say nonchalantly.

"So I hear you're on a mission to save the world." She says with a grin.

"Yeah." I reply back smiling widely.

"I hate when you guys do that..." Trent mutters.

Maddie turns to Trent. "We're going to help Scarlett save the world." Maddie says dramatically. Trent rolls his eyes and just shrugs helplessly. Maddie has always gotten him to do crazy things for her. So this is no surprise.

"Scarlett, did you and Michael ever hook up?" Trent says absentminded.

"Who's Michael?" Obsidian says his gold eyes scream jealously.

"Me and Michael are just friends." I reply back.

"With benefits." Trent snickers.

"We are not!" I demand.

"So why does he always hang around you and hug you, and flirt with you, Miss Oblivious?" He questions.

"How does that make us friends with benefits?" I question.

Please shut up Trent.

"You kissed him before."

"A few times! It was a moment of weakness. He doesn't like me." I lie, not fooling anybody.

"You just don't like commitment!" My-annoying-therapist brother says bothering me.

"I'M WITH OBSIDIAN!" I yell.

Maddie gives me a knowing look.

"I AM!" I demand, they don't believe me.

"Tell them Obsidian." I say looking at him.

"We're together." Obsidian reassures them, still angry about the Michael.

The worst thing possible happens at that moment, Michael transport himself in handing me a dozen red roses and kissing me on the cheek, he says in my ear, loud enough for everyone to hear.

"I love you."