:::::Chapter 15:::::

"You have a sister?" Anne asks surprisingly.

"Yes, I do," I say with a smile while I remember my little sister's face. I wish I could see her before coming here. I terribly miss her now. "When my father died, Christina was only a few months old. So, instead of taking up the Beta's position, Mom decided to take care of her..."

"And you had to take up your father's position," Daniel finishes for me.

"Yes."

"You must be pretty young when you became the Beta."

"I was trained under Alpha Hale's father for three years while my Dad's elder brother was temporarily made Beta. I was sixteen back then when I was given the title," I explain. They all nod understandingly. Suddenly, there's a knock at the front door. We all look at each other for a few seconds, wondering who it could be at the opposite side of the front door before Anne goes to open it.

Soon, Mr. West joins us in the living room. "Hello kids," He greets us with a smile.

"Hello," we all say together as we get up on our feet.

"What are you doing here?" Charles asks him curiously.

"I just want to have a word with you all," he answers.

"Would you like a glass of water?" I ask, my manners suddenly kicking in.

"No, thank you for asking," he says. "But I would just like Alarick to be present here." He, then, looks around the living room. "Where is he?"

"In his study," I reply.

"Alarick!" He calls out to his son. Soon, Alarick enters the living room.

"Dad, what are you doing here?"

"First, tell me, what were you doing in your study?"

"Pack work."

"It's good to know," Mr. West says. "And now, since you've mentioned pack work, it's time that Chriselda starts looking over the matters concerning our pack since she's our Luna."

"You want an outsider to look over the matters concerning my pack?" Alarick asks with an unbelievable expression on his face.

"Ouch," I mumble sarcastically.

"Stop disrespecting your mate," Mr. West says slowly.

"She said that she's my mate and you believed her. Wow, Dad, Wow!" Alarick says mockingly as he claps his hands.

"Alarick, I don't understand why you're so insistent in convincing us that Chriselda is not your mate."

"That's because she isn't!" Alarick shouts and heads to the front door.

"Alarick!" Mr. West tries to stop his son but Alarick has already slammed the door behind him.

Mr. West looks at me and says, "I apologize for my son's behavior. I'll have to teach him how to respect his mate," he says and proceeds to the front door but my words stop him.

"I don't want anyone to teach him how to respect his mate. I want him to learn himself," I say.

After a moment of silence, Mr. West tells Anne, "I need to have a word with you." Anne nods and takes his Dad to her room. After a while, Mr. West and Anne return to the living room. Mr. West says to me, "Take care."

"You too." He, then, leaves the pack house. "So, what did Mr. West say to you?" I ask Anne.

"Nothing important," she answers without meeting my gaze. She's hiding something. I'm fed up of people hiding things from me. I don't press her to tell me. If she doesn't want to tell me then so be it. I am just about to sit on the couch but the ringing of my phone stops me. I go to my room to answer the call. "Hello?" I say without looking at the caller ID.