:::::Chapter 29:::::

The old lady smiles at me as she comes to me. Ciara and I stand up to greet her. She bows down a little as she says, "Hello Luna." Ciara and I are left shocked after hearing her words. How does she know that I'm Alarick's mate?

When Angelina's grandmother stands straight, I say, "You have mistaken me. I'm not a Luna. I'm a Beta."

"You may be a Beta now but you will be the Luna of this pack in the future," she says with a smile. "I cannot believe that you're here. I'm honored that you've graced my house with your presence. I'm Samara."

"You have really mistaken me. I haven't even found my mate," I lie.

"Sure, you have," she says. "The moment I first laid my eyes on you, I knew you were Alpha Alarick's mate and the Luna of this pack. But when Mr. West introduced you to our pack as the Beta of The Night Guardians, I was confused. Why didn't he tell the pack members that you are the Luna of our pack?"

"He didn't tell the pack members that I'm their Luna because I'm not! How can I be the Luna of this pack when Alarick has denied me?" I immediately put my hand over my mouth. I wasn't meant to say that. But it just slipped from my mouth.

"Alpha Alarick cannot deny you," She says.

"What makes you so sure about it?" I ask.

"If he wanted to deny you then he wouldn't have saved your pack from the Silver Moonstone," she says.

"I don't understand..."

Samara starts explaining, "My father was a Beta while my mother had alpha blood running in her veins. It was rare that an Alpha and a Beta could be mates but my parents were mates after all. They married and had me. It is believed that the child of an Alpha and a Beta has special powers. I have psychic powers. One day, I had visions of your pack getting attacked. I also had a vision of our future Luna belonging to your pack but that time, your face was a blur so I couldn't really tell exactly how our future Luna looked like. I told Alpha West about my visions. After hearing me, he immediately rushed out of the pack house to save your pack from getting destroyed by The Silver Moonstone Pack."

I am utterly confused by her words and so is Ciara. "I don't believe you," I say. "No werewolves have special powers."

"I knew you wouldn't believe me. There are various books on the Alpha-Beta off-springs. I'm sure your Alpha must be having those books. You can go through them," Samara says. Ciara and I don't speak for a long time. We are just trying to process things. Does Samara really have psychic powers? Did she really had visions of my pack getting attacked by The Silver Moonstone Pack? "All the things that you said, are they true?" I finally ask her.

"Why would I lie to you, dear?" She asks. I look at her and somehow I know that she's telling the truth.

"You said that Alarick intervened in the battle because he wanted to save me and my pack. If that's the case then why did he deny me?" I ask.

"Did Alpha Alarick really deny you?" She asks.

"Yes." It comes out as a whisper.

Samara holds my hands and says, "All I know is that he really cares for you."

"Granny, I'm home!" Angelina announces as she gets inside the house. She handles the medicines to Samara. She then, looks at me and says, "Let's resume our conversation."

"Angelina, I'll clarify things with Alarick. Don't worry," I tell her. Then, I turn to Ciara, "We should get going." We say our goodbyes and leave the house.

"Alarick really loves you!" Ciara tells me once we're outside the house.

"Lower down your voice otherwise someone will hear us," I say to her as we continue to walk.

"Let them hear. The fact is Alarick cares for you. Chris, he saved your pack just to save you. Why do you find it so hard to believe?"

"Were you with me while I was living in the pack house with him? Were you with me when he called me an impostor? Were you with me to see how he treated me?" I ask. "How can I easily believe that he cares for me when he was the one who accused me of pretending to be his mate?"

Ciara is silent for a while before she speaks, "Why don't you ask him?"

I shake my head at her. "I don't want to even see his face and you're telling me to ask him?"

"Chris, you've come to know a lot of things today. Don't you think you should clarify some things with Alarick?"

"Ciara, if you have forgotten, we came here to clarify things with Angelina not with Alarick," I tell her.

"Angelina's grandmother told us so many things. Don't you have even a little curiosity to know how much of it is true?" I stop walking and so does she. "Will you return to your pack without even confronting your mate?"

● ● ● ● ●

I can't believe that I'm back here at Alarick's pack house. Even Ciara is with me. I'm here with a purpose. I won't go back to my pack without confronting Alarick.

I hear footsteps nearing the pack house. And soon, Alarick enters the pack house followed by Charles and Daniel. When he sees me, he's shocked. "What are you doing here?"

"Today, I met Samara, Angelina's grandmother," I tell him. Immediately, all the blood drains from his face.