:::::Chapter 10:::::

"I want to fight with you Alpha Alarick!"

My words echo in the forest. Everyone is looking at me with an expression of shock. Even I am shocked at my own words. Couldn't I have thought of something clever to say to one of the strongest Alpha in the world? Challenging him to fight with me was a foolish move on my part. I just wanted to stop the fight between Alarick and Charles. I knew that they wouldn't just stop fighting if I just tell them to. The only good thing about challenging Alarick was that I was able to stop their fight. He and Charles have broken apart by now.

"You want to fight with me?" Alarick asks. I know he's asking me on purpose. I also know that he's giving me a chance to take back my words. He is not in a good mood today. And stepping inside the training ground and fighting him will not be a good option for me. I just saw him fighting with Charles in a brutal way. What if he...?

"He won't hit you," my wolf says to me.

I doubt that. I say back to her.

"He will never hurt his mate."

The truth is he doesn't even acknowledge me as his mate. After saying this to my wolf, she doesn't bother me again. I snap back to reality. And the biggest mistake that I make is look directly in the eyes of Alarick. His eyes look dangerous.

"Let's see what you've got," he says as he wipes the blood from the corner of his mouth. Charles steps outside the training ground and I step in. I should be shivering at the thought of fighting Alarick. But surprisingly, I'm not. I face him. I can't believe that I'm going to fight with my mate. It's the first time in history that two people who are mates are going to fight with each other. He gestures for me to make the first move. I straightaway aim for his face. Before my fist can make contact with his nose, he encloses his palm around my fist, blocking my punch.

"That's all you've got?" He taunts me. I grow angry at his remark. It's clear that he hates me. He doesn't need to always look down on me. He thinks that I'm weak but I'm going to prove him wrong. I start punching him, hard and fast but he blocks my every punch. This annoys me. I aim for his stomach. But again he blocks me. Next, I start kicking him and I realize that today is not my day as he blocks all of my kicks. But I also realize that he isn't fighting back. Why isn't he attacking me?

"Because you're his mate and he won't attack his mate," my wolf says.

"Why aren't you fighting back?" I ask.

"Because I'm afraid that you'll break under my touch," he jeers at me.

"I'm not fragile," I retort. He gives out a humorless chuckle which makes me more angry than I already am. "C'mon!" I say. "Fight with me!" When he doesn't make a move, I run towards him and push him. But he doesn't even budge! "Why aren't you fighting back?" I ask, frustrated.

"I don't raise my hand on women," he says seriously.

"What if I were your enemy?" I ask. "You still wouldn't raise a hand on me? You still wouldn't fight me?"

"The fact is you are not my enemy," he firmly says.

I walk towards him and stand directly in front of him. "Then, why do you treat me like one?" I whisper. For a few seconds, he continues to look at me. Then he slowly starts to walk backwards and stops at a safe distance from me. He turns to the watching audience. "Disperse!" He commands them. They quickly do as he says. Within seconds, Alarick and I are the only one left standing alone in the forest. When I look around, I find not a soul in my sight. The men were really quick to obey their Alpha's command.

"I don't treat you like my enemy." Alarick's voice makes me face him. He continues, "If I had treated you like my enemy then I wouldn't even have let you enter into my territory." Those lifeless blue eyes of his are looking at me coldly. "Now, leave and go to the pack house," he commands.