:::::Chapter 45:::::

Matt's Point Of View

As soon as Chriselda closes her eyes, Alarick takes her from my arms, shouts orders at his men to get a doctor and rushes inside the pack house. I also follow him along with Anne who is still in her wolf form. She goes inside a room probably to shift in her human form and to get something to wear while I follow Alarick to a room where he lays my friend on the bed.

Alarick's parents, Anne, Darius and Daniel are also present in the room. No one knows what to do. Alarick gets up from the bed and turns to Anne. "What happened?" He asks.

Anne starts telling, "After Kurt and his men kidnapped me, they had taken me to a cave far away from here. They were holding me down and before they could do anything to me, Chriselda came and she fought with them. After the fight, I rushed towards her. My focus was on her that I didn't realize that Kurt was back on his feet. Before I could realize that he was behind Chriselda, it was already too late. He had injected her with something and then he ran away. After Chriselda took out the syringe from her neck, she fell on the ground. I panicked. I quickly shifted in my wolf form and brought her here." As soon as she finishes, Charles enters the room with a man behind him, probably the doctor.

The doctor sits beside Chriselda. "Her breathing is shallow," he tells us. He then takes her wrist and checks for her pulse. "Her pulse is weak."

"Why aren't her wounds healing?" Alarick asks.

The doctor smells the bloody cuts on Chriselda's arms. We all watch as his eyes go wide with shock.

"What is it?" Alarick shouts at the doctor.

The doctor says, "There's wolfsbane in her blood."

Author's Note: I'm flattered to know that people stay up all night to read this story. Honestly, I want you guys to get your beauty sleep and not sacrifice your sleep for this story because I care about my readers. <3 For those you wonder about my update schedules, I update during the weekends. I hope that now people will stop commenting "update". It's good to know that people are eager to read this story but I find the update comments quite boring. Instead of asking me to update, you can express your opinions about the chapter. I would love to read them. :)