:::::Chapter 6:::::

I am surprised to see Alarick's father at my doorsteps. "Come in," I say, inviting him inside the pack house.

"Who is it?" Matt asks from his study.

"It's Alpha Alarick's father," I answer.

After seconds, Matt and Darius emerge from the study. "Mr. West," both of them greet him.

"Alpha Matthew, Gamma Darius."

"What are you doing here?" asks Matt.

"I came here to talk to your Beta," Mr. West says and then turns to me. "May I have a word with you in private?"

"Sure."

"You can go in my study and have your talk," Matt says as he and Darius leave the pack house to give us complete privacy. I lead Mr. West to Matt's study. I enter and he follows behind.

"Please have a seat," I say as I gesture towards one of the two chairs in front of Matt's desk. Mr. West proceeds to sit on the chair while I continue to stand.

"I know that you're my son's mate," he says. Somehow, I'm not surprised. I already knew that he had heard the conversation that his son and I had the way he was giving me a look of pity back at his son's pack house.

"I know."

"I want you to come with me to our pack and live with us," he says next.

"There's no point in living in your pack. Your son doesn't want me as his mate."

"But our pack needs you. A pack needs a Luna," he reasons with me.

"I'm sorry Mr. West but I'll rather be mate-less than be your son's mate."

"Alarick will go insane if you're not near him."

When a male wolf finds his mate, he always has a need to have his mate in front of him because male wolves are possessive creatures and if he doesn't have his mate in front of him then he'll always be worried and all his worries about his mate will drive him crazy and make him insane. That's what Mr. West is implying. Or so I think.

"I don't think so Mr. West. When your son and I finished talking, he was so eager to kick me out of his study," I say.

"I don't know why he's behaving like this," he says. "But Chriselda, trust me, Alarick will go insane if you're not near him and that won't be good for our pack."

"Mr. West, Alarick will not go insane and nothing bad will happen to your pack. I think he is capable of leading his pack without a Luna," I say. Since Alarick is the Alpha of the strongest pack in the world, I don't doubt his leadership skills.

"But he needs you to carry down his bloodline. He needs to have a son who will lead the pack in the future."

"I'm not a breeding machine," I say, clearly getting offended by his statement.

"I'm sorry," he apologizes genuinely. I don't say anything. For a while, he doesn't speak.

"You must be thinking of Alarick as cold-hearted and emotionless but he wasn't always like that," he starts to say as he recalls some memories. "Something bad happened in his life years ago which has pulled all his emotions out of him. I never see him smile or even laugh. I never see him happy. When I wish him for his birthday, all I get is a simple 'thank you' and that's it. I don't even get a tiny smile from him. I want my son back. And only you can do that. You are the only one who can fill emotions in my son."

"The only emotions that I'm capable of filling in your son are of hatred, annoyance, anger and irritation. When your son sees me, he's filled with all these emotions," I say. "And just because I'm your son's mate doesn't mean that I can get you back your son."