Rest in Pieces

In the matter of a few seconds, your world comes crashing down around you.

You force yourself onto your feet, despite the pain you feel all over from being tossed around the tower like a ragdoll.

The agony in your heart - whether because the ice that supports it is starting to thaw, or because you've just lost the most indescribably beautiful, kind, intelligent, talented, uniquely perfect person in existence - is unbearable. It's confirmation that she really is gone, that soon you'll be joining her.

Good. You refuse to live without her.

Olaf and Marshmallow, though. What about them? They love Elsa, too, but they're her babies. You can't just give up and allow them to die!

"Dunkel!" you shout.

The sorceress is admiring her newfound power, freezing everything she touches.

You stagger towards her and lean on your sword for support.

She smirks at you. "Beautiful, isn't it? This power. So dangerous. So cold."

Gritting your teeth, you find the will to lift your sword and point it at her. "I'll kill you!"

The sorceress cackles. "You can try, my dear." She fires an ice blast at you.

You deflect it with your sword, freezing the spellbook which Dunkel used to take Elsa's magic.

The older woman remains unfazed. "I have no further use for that old thing, anyway."

Growing weaker, you realise your time is limited.

You have to be quick. You can't leave this world knowing Elsa's murderer is alive and abusing her wonderful powers.

Wait. Her powers. They're controlled by love, positive emotions.

The only love Dunkel understands is the 'love' she feels for her daughters. The daughters whose deaths you caused.

"Klaudia," you say, loud enough for the woman to hear. "I was there the night she died."

Dunkel's smug expression becomes a frown. "Wh-What did you say, mortal?"

"Klaudia," you repeat, louder. "I'm the one who let her fall from that cliff. She begged me to save her and I couldn't. I let her die!"

Dunkel's eyes grow murderously wide. "You what? My girl is dead because of-because of you?"

"Yes," you confirm, an almost-sadistic grin plastered across your face as you register the pain in Dunkel's voice. "Me. I killed Klaudia!"

The sorceress lets out an agonised scream as the temperature in the tower begins to fall rapidly.

Your plan is working. She's losing control.

Dunkel attempts to blast you again, but grief has made her sloppy.

"Is that the best you can do?" you ask, taunting her.

She screams in frustration.

"That's it, you old crone! You'll never catch me!" You dodge more of her ice blasts. "By the way, spoken to Heidi and Wilhelmina recently? My sword tells me they got a little 'tangled' out there."

Deciphering the meaning behind your words, the sorceress snaps and propels herself at you, her eyes glowing and body surrounded by some sort of magical blizzard intended to do you harm.

This is your chance.

Inches from each other, Mother Dunkel realises her blizzard is having no effect on you. "What sorcery is this?" she exclaims.