Murderer

She's dead.

Her scream. It was Elsa's scream. Not her real scream, but...

You'll never forget that sound. You never want to hear it again.

"Elsa," you grunt, pulling yourself up from the cliff edge.

When you manage to reach the safety of solid ground, you simply can't go on anymore and collapse with exhaustion.

"The intruder is down!" exclaims a royal guard, running towards you.

Could tonight get much worse?

Your ribs are then greeted by a man's leather boot.

Spoke too soon.

"King Rafe! Is that really necessary, sir?" the guard asks.

Glaring, Rafe grabs the guard by the collar. "Do not question me, captain," he growls. "Or have you forgotten who it is you're speaking to?"

"N-No, sir. Please, accept my humblest apologies."

The king smirks, releasing the guard. "That's more like it. Now leave us be. I'm going to deal with this peasant myself."

"Y-Yes, Your Majesty."

"Oh, and, captain."

"Sir?"

"Don't let news of this reach Queen Elsa. I don't wish to unsettle her the night before our wedding. It'll be our little secret. Understand?"

Shuddering, the guard nods, departing from the cliffs before Rafe begins to 'deal with' you and not daring to look back.

"You won't get away with this," you croak. "Elsa, will-"

"What was that?" Rafe marches over to you and gives your ribs another kick. "Come on!" he shouts. "On your feet!"

Curled up in a foetal position, all you can do is groan in pain. You haven't got the energy to defend yourself.

He notices your injured leg - from where the sorceress blasted you - and presses the burn with his boot.

You scream and beg for him to stop.

Rafe laughs. "She doesn't care about you, you know. Why do you think she keeps pushing you away? It's me she really wants. She won't admit it, but she does."

"That-That's not true," you gasp. "You're a lying, manipulative bully. Elsa would never marry someone like you if she had a choice."

"Shut your mouth!"

Another kick to the ribs. And another. And another.

He's going to kill you.

But you're not ready to die. You have to protect Elsa. You've got to save her from spending the rest of her life with this maniac!

"How pathetic," he spits, picking you up by the scruff of your neck. "It makes me sick to imagine her with such a waste of flesh and bone."

He drags you towards the cliff edge and dangles you over it, above the lapping waves and protruding rocks which threaten to drown and impale you.

Your limp body has taken too much of a beating to resist. You can't...

Sorry, Elsa.

"Any last words, peasant?"

If these are your final moments, you won't go out begging. You won't give him the satisfaction of breaking you.

"Scr-Screw-"