A Royal Baby

"He has Kristoff's nose," you say.

"Oh, but there's no denying this is Anna's chin," Elsa responds.

"Who do you think he resembles most?" you ask, wrapping your arms around her waist from behind and resting your chin on her shoulder.

"Hmm. It seems to me that he's a perfect combination of both," she answers, turning her head so she can kiss you on the cheek. "But only being a month old, it's difficult to tell this early."

Nuzzling her neck, you kiss it, inhaling her sweet scent. "Agreed."

From the comfort of his cot, the blonde-haired, blue-eyed prince looks up at you and his aunt, cooing happily.

He's a fidgety little guy. Full of energy just like his mother.

His tiny hands are clenched into fists and his legs are kicking excitedly.

You unwrap your arms from around your fiancee's waist so she can pick up her restless nephew.

Elsa reaches into the cot and cradles him in her arms, blowing a gentle raspberry on his belly. "Who's a beautiful boy?" she says in her silliest voice. "You are!"

Watching the reserved and regal queen behave in such a manner causes your heart to melt.

You lightly tickle the baby's palm with your little finger and pull a goofy face at him.

He goes for the finger and wraps his podgy digits around it, squeezing.

You smile. He's strong like his father.

An hour later Anna and Kristoff return for their son.

Feeding him, the princess thanks her sister and you for keeping an eye on him while she and her husband had some 'couple time'.

Today is going to be the prince's first outing. His first interaction with the citizens of Arendelle.

The occasion requires his parents and the reigning monarch to be present, including the reigning monarch's consort.

Once Gerda and the handmaids have bathed and dressed the infant prince, the five of you proceed outside to meet up with Olaf, Marshmallow and Sven.

The smaller snowman is perched atop the reindeer's back.

Kristoff hoists Anna - who's holding their swaddled son - up onto Sven, behind Olaf. "Keep them safe," he says, smiling at the snowman.

Olaf salutes him. "Will do!"

Walking alongside them to lead the reindeer, the ice harvester pats his childhood friend and rewards him with a carrot.

As usual, Marshmallow is excited to see Elsa and scoops her up into an embrace. "Mama!" he exclaims, pressing his massive cheek against her flushed, dainty one. "You look extra pretty today!"

The queen gasps in surprise and quickly goes limp in his arms. You swear she's turning blue.

"Um, Marshmallow," you say in a dismayed tone, trying to remain calm and tapping his leg, "I think Mama might need some air."

The hulking snowman glances down at Elsa's woozy, semi-conscious state and realises he's practically suffocating her.

"Oh, no!" he cries, panicking and dropping her. "I hurt Mama!"

Before your falling future bride can hit the ground, you catch her, setting her down and holding her until she can breathe normally again.

"Are you alright, my love?" you ask, observing the rosiness return to her pale cheeks.

Elsa sits up and coughs. "I'm fine," she utters, neatening her bangs and freezing them in place. "Where did Marshmallow go?"

She notices he's curled himself up into a ball, hugging his knees and wailing with remorse.

"Oh, Marshmallow," says Elsa, smiling sympathetically, "it's okay." She gives her bruised chest a rub. "Just be more careful next time."

Sniffling, the snowman uncurls himself and apologises for being so rough, offering to carry you both on his shoulders.

"What're you guys doing?" calls Anna, yards away on Sven's back. "Come on!"

In the courtyard where it's so busy people are spilling out the gates, all eight of you are together, waving to and greeting the crowds.

Kristoff and Anna are so proud to show off their new son, who's clutching to his mother out of uncertainty, his blue eyes wide with wonder.

Olaf is attempting to distract the little one by rearranging his own body parts in the most intriguing, amusing ways.

Hands folded in front of her, Elsa stands tall with you at her side, a demure smile on display for her citizens.

You lean over to whisper in her ear. "When do you plan on announcing his name?"

The corner of her mouth quirks up into a smile. "Now."

Holding hands, the two of you ascend the dais that's been set up in the courtyard for this very purpose.

Anna and Kristoff join you, handing the prince to his aunt.

Elsa gazes into her nephew's eyes and kisses his forehead, brushing back wisps of his blonde hair before presenting him to the people.

Everyone falls silent as they await their queen's speech.

"People of Arendelle," begins Elsa, her voice graceful and resonant.

She thanks them for coming, for the warm welcome they've bestowed upon the royal baby, that she hopes he'll grow into a prince their kingdom can be proud of.

Listening to her, taking in her presence, you can't believe she's yours. This wonderful human being who's so loved and admired by many.

The engagement ring on her finger is proof. You're going to marry this woman.

You can't wait!

And finally, as Elsa finishes speaking, she announces her nephew's much-discussed name.

"All hail Prince Lukas of Arendelle!"