Insignificant Peasant

Waking up with Marshmallow's arms wrapped around you, you struggle to breathe.

The gargantuan snowman had fallen asleep last night while you were telling him stories about his 'mama'.

You remember thinking how adorable he looked, despite him snoring so loud you were worried the ice palace might collapse.

And that's when he grabbed you - unconsciously, of course - cuddling you like a teddy.

Either you then passed out due to lack of oxygen or were so exhausted from travelling you dozed off sometime during the night.

It still amazes you that snowmen even need sleep!

When you first saw Olaf napping on a chair in the library, you thought he was joking, waiting for you to approach so he could jump up and startle you.

But no, apparently Elsa's creations get tired just like every other living creature.

You sigh.

Elsa. She's everywhere. Literally.

Maybe retreating somewhere made entirely out of ice wasn't the best idea for getting over the Snow Queen. Then again, you weren't exactly in the greatest frame of mind when you decided to journey here.

It seems your broken-hearted subconscious is determined to be near her in any way possible.

Marshmallow's grip loosens up enough for you to wriggle out.

Escaping, you gasp for air and try to stretch out the crick in your neck.

If this is what having Marshmallow as a roommate entails, you aren't sure you'll be staying long.

Noticing the iridescent glow of sunlight through the palace walls, you stroll out onto the balcony.

The view is breathtaking. You can see all of Arendelle.

You wonder what Elsa is doing right now, if she's happy, whether she misses you in the slightest.

What are you saying? Of course she doesn't miss you. It was her who wanted you gone. She was probably only ever with you out of pity.

To no longer have to tolerate such an insignificant peasant for a consort, she must be-

A sudden reflection in the balcony railings distracts you - the flash of a blade raised at your back, poised to strike.

Your eyes widen with a mixture of terror and surprise as the wielder attempts to stab you.

But you're too quick. You narrowly avoid the blade with a dodge roll.

Your attacker doesn't give you time to regain your bearings. They're slashing at you without a hint of mercy.

Utilising what little combat training you've received, you trip them with a spinning kick to the lower legs and then run inside the palace, slamming the doors which lead out to the balcony behind you.

"Marshmallow!" you scream, frantically shaking the snowman's shoulder. "Wake up!"

The balcony doors shatter and in walks your attacker - a lithe hooded figure holding a knife.

"You won't wake him," a female voice purrs. "My spell has made certain of that."

You're trembling, fear and adrenaline coursing through your veins, the thought of that knife piercing your skin causing your stomach to turn.

"Wh-Who are you?" you demand in a failed effort to sound brave. "What do you want?"

She casts aside her cloak to reveal a familiar head of luscious brunette locks.

You're too shocked to even respond.

"I like your guts," says the young woman from Oaken's, smirking. "Show them to me."

She wants you to show her your guts?

"Wait. What?" You grimace, instinctively shielding your abdomen. "No way, you crazy witch!"

"Witch?" she exclaims, offended. "I am a sorceress!"

She launches the knife at your head and you duck.

"Ha! Missed!"

She cackles and shakes her head. She wasn't aiming at you.

Her magic has propelled the knife into the base of an ice pillar, destabilising it.

"Uh-oh."

Heart thrashing, you begin to move out the way, but the pillar is already falling towards you.

Everything goes black.