Ice Crazy

It's snowing the morning of Rafe and Elsa's wedding. Spring is unrecognisable.

The people of Arendelle aren't sure whether to celebrate their monarch's big day or prepare to be plunged into a second eternal winter.

She's managed to keep her powers relatively under control, considering the circumstances.

Repressing her memories of you is the only way. Dwelling on them causes too much distress.

Scanning her reflection, Elsa stifles a sob.

"You look beautiful, ma'am," says Gerda, neatening the hem of the queen's wedding gown. "You always do."

Elsa turns from the mirror in disgust at the Arroganian design and creates a veil of ice.

Rafe will be furious at her for wearing something so contrasting with his flag's colours.

Good.

"Your Majesty, I don't think you should be going out your way to provoke him. He scares me, ma'am."

Unconcerned for herself, Elsa gives a small shrug. All she cares about now is protecting Anna and the kingdom.

Rafe has proven how far he's willing to go to make her his bride, that no one is safe.

The best thing Elsa can do is simply comply.

A little rebellious behaviour shouldn't hurt, though.

She thanks the handmaid for all her help, for the exemplary service she's provided these past twenty-one years.

Gerda responds by throwing her arms around the queen and sobbing. "For-Forgive me, ma'am," she sputters. "It's just I'll miss you terribly."

Elsa gratefully returns the embrace. Only her sister hugs her like this. "I'll miss you, too, Gerda."

"I'll miss you more, Queen Elsa."

The dressing room doors burst open and in runs Anna, hair disarrayed and in her undergarments.

"What about me?" she cries, rushing towards her sister with flushed cheeks and an undignified expression.

Gerda moves aside quickly.

Elsa puts up her hands as if she's expecting to be attacked. "Anna, wait! Please, don't-"

The princess pounces on the queen and they fall into a pile of cushions.

"Don't go!" begs Anna, bawling uncontrollably. "Don't marry him!"

Elsa clamps an icy hand over her sister's mouth. "Shh! Anna, have you lost your mind? If Rafe hears you talking like this he'll-"

Anna shakes off Elsa's hand and stares at her with tearful, angry blue eyes. "He'll what - throw me off a cliff?"

Elsa momentarily loses control and freezes the cushions, pushing Anna off in time to avoid hurting her.

Anna lands on her behind and gazes up at Elsa.

The queen weeps into her hands as she fights to reign in her magic.

The princess swallows. "Elsa, I'm-I'm sorry."

"Come, ma'am," says Gerda, leading Anna away. "Let's get you dressed."

Meanwhile, down by the shore, two children are having a pretend sword fight.

"En garde," says the girl, brandishing a stick she found in the sand.

"Die!" replies the boy, swinging at her with his own.

They battle it out for a few minutes, chasing each other along the snow-covered beach...

Disney's Frozen: A Royal Wedding (Elsa x Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara