Chapter 18- Together

Listen to inside out by Hedley here, it was this chapters inspiration 💕

EMMA's POV

Killian wrapped his arm around me, pulling me closer as we sat on the couch, some comedy playing. The laugh lines were weak and the plot was pretty boring, but Killy seemed to enjoy it. I smiled as I watched him, his eyes reflecting the movements, his loud chuckle at the humourous parts, the way his whole body shook when he found something really funny. I grabbed a handful of popcorn and tossed it into my mouth, trying to figure out what was happening. It seemed like there was a doctor who was secretly a spy and he put all his patients under truth serum or something, I wasn't quite sure.

"Bored of the movie darling?" Killian requested, turning to me.

"No, I'm just watching something better," I smiled before kissing his stubbly cheek, and he turned back to the screen.

His hair was sticking up, and I ran my hand through it. I played with the front, before resting my head on his shoulder. I loved spending this time alone with him, watching him enjoy something, like when he spoke of the sea, and sometimes, even when he spoke of me. I knew that with killian, I would always be safe.

HOOKS POV

I could see Emma smiling out of the corner of my eye, but tried to focus on the movie. It was hilarious, the doctor was a spy, but all his patients were confessing silly things, and he was trying to diffuse a bomb inside one patients tooth. Emma reached up to fix my hair, and I felt her relax under my arm. She leaned her head onto my shoulder, and I pulled her closer. I needed to feel her next to me, and to protect her. The instant she was out of my sight I worried, that someone would come steal her away as punishment for what I had done. As much as I was trying to turn around, for her, my past still haunted me.

Like my father always said, once a pirate, always a pirate.

when the movie had finished, I shifted and removed my arm, now asleep, from under Emma, who was also asleep. I pressed the power button, and picked my sleeping beauty up. Careful not to wake her, I carried Emma to our room and set her down on the bed. I tucked the blankets in around her, before turning off the lights and locking the door. Slipping into bed, I kissed the back of her neck and warped my arm around her stomach. I wondered what she thought, when she was awake and felt my arms around her. Did she feel safe, protected, and loved? I hoped she knew that all of those things were what she was

I had to write this, I was in such a captainswan mood I cried at gifs agh! Check out the video on my Instagram (link in my bio) and I hope you enjoyed this chapter, it was just pure captainswan, because I've been missing that (sobs) but it's less than a month today! Our babies come back soon 💕 don't forget to like and comment! Update soon 😘